My phone is stuck in a boot loop and I don't want to factory reset...what can I do?
cartergk

It is stuck on the "M" screen and is nonresponsive in all ways other than the bootloader which I already used to delete my cache partition.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My phone is stuck in a boot loop and I don't want to factory reset...what can I do?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

At this point your looking at a 90% bricked phone that will need a FDR and perhaps ROM flashing to bring it back to life. You really don't have many moves on this you can make, sorry. I would try to do the Factory Default Reset and recover any saved information.

0 Likes
Re: My phone is stuck in a boot loop and I don't want to factory reset...what can I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cartergk, Let's get you out of this Booting loop. Do you recall what activity or function the phone was processing when it began to reboot this way? You can also try a Soft Reset by pressing and holding the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles. If this step has been tried to no avail; the best next step would be the one provided by GalaxyClass. Here are the steps to process the Factory Data Reset: "Alternate Method: http://vz.to/1tynkBD. Please keep us posted on this.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Call Motorola support. They make the phone not VZ. There are many types of phone reset besides the built in Factory reset. They will walk you through it. Tip- do not auto restore your apps. Tell moto support this is how you want to do it in the beginning. Moto support is in the Philippines. If you cannot understand them clearly hang up and call back. And call moto support from another phone other than what you are dealing with. If moto support cannot fix then they will replace the phone with a brand new one. Long experience with Motorola speaking here. They will take care of you.