My phone decided to work in Spanish earlier today. I cannot figure out how to get it back to English.
JimWiser

My phone decided to start working in Spanish earlier today.  I cannot figure out how to get it back to English.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone decided to work in Spanish earlier today.  I cannot figure out how to get it back to English.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimWiser,

Yikes! I can relate. I had a phone stuck in a language I did not know. It can be a little tricky but I'll walk you through the steps. From the home screen, touch the icon on the bottom center of the screen that looks like six dots in a circle. This will bring up all the apps. Go to the icon that looks like a gear. If it is spanish it likely says "configuracion" (this would be settings in English). Scroll to the top. We are going to count the touchable options from the top. The 16th touchable option has an icon with a "A" in it. When you touch this option a new menu will open. Touch the very top option. This should give you an list of languages to select from. Select English (United States). If it does not change automatically after changing the option, power the device off and back on again.

Let us know if you have any further trouble.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My phone decided to work in Spanish earlier today.  I cannot figure out how to get it back to English.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimWiser,

Yikes! I can relate. I had a phone stuck in a language I did not know. It can be a little tricky but I'll walk you through the steps. From the home screen, touch the icon on the bottom center of the screen that looks like six dots in a circle. This will bring up all the apps. Go to the icon that looks like a gear. If it is spanish it likely says "configuracion" (this would be settings in English). Scroll to the top. We are going to count the touchable options from the top. The 16th touchable option has an icon with a "A" in it. When you touch this option a new menu will open. Touch the very top option. This should give you an list of languages to select from. Select English (United States). If it does not change automatically after changing the option, power the device off and back on again.

Let us know if you have any further trouble.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes