My Speaker is Popping on My Razr Maxx
B33
Legend

The speaker on my Razr Maxx at different times wants to Pop or Crack like at the end of a Ringtone or if i'm listning to my scanner app an sometimes even listning to music. What i am wanting to know is any one Els hereing this on there Razr or Razr Maxx. It has kind of got to the point of maybe returning it for a new one.  And this is the first device that i have ever had do this.  My Droid X or my Droid Incredible never popped in the speaker like my Razr is Doing. Never!   B33

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Speaker is Popping on My Razr Maxx
Ernezzy

Did u try the Equalizer app?

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello B33,

That sure can be irritating to have a device not work as it should. This is not a known issue with the Razr Maxx. Have you tried a soft reset by powering off the device and then back on? Additionally, does changing the volume while on Speakerphone have an impact on the popping sound? Please try those steps first... If the issue persists, backup your contacts with Google Contacts and your pictures should already be on your SD card. You would then need to perform a hard reset. Follow the steps below to hard reset your device:

- From a Home screen, select the App menu

- Select Settings

- Select Privacy

- Select Factory Data Reset

- Select Reset phone

- Select Erase Everything

Let us know if the issue persists with the Speakerphone.

Thank you,

Lena A.

Follow me on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ummmm, the DROID Razr Maxx doesn't have a removable battery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Noopy Doodpy   i thought you might no that Miss Ann it's a great biggen but it can't be removed i Guess if you had one those trim tools you could an I-fixit took a Regular Razr apart but really i don't miss taking the cover off an sometimes my X's cover wants to move around so it kind of nice not to have the cover to come off but if it needs repair though Gotta send it In Yuki Yuki Smiley Sad B33

0 Likes
neel477

I am having the same issues, its popping on ring and sounds like a "glitch" when talking to people.  The reset instructions have "reset phone" and "erase everything"  but those are not options on my phone.  I only have "erase internal storage" and "erase SD card" with a reset phone button on the bottom.

0 Likes
mickam71

I bought my Razr maxx yesterday, I hear it all the time, it is really annoying. Not sure what to do with it. I took the phone back to the verizon store where i bought it, THe rep check other phones too and they all seem to have the same problem...

Phone is excellent except this major issue.... ( Well not sure what good is a phone if you can hear clearly out of it).

0 Likes
mls3331
Contributor - Level 1

no problems yet with this issue...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It will do this from time to time Mine does it as Well Make Sure you get the App Called EQ you can get it Free or you can get the Paid Version an using this app will help with the snapping as it did Mine how did it do it once i got the app installed an then went in an Opened it. I cut the 14kHz down to + 1.2% an you can cut it down even further mostly with Eq's you just find the sound that best suites you an calms down the Snapping.. But if it's really bad Mickam an since your under your 14 days you could return if want but as said if you want to give a day or Two an see if the i mentioned helps the sound go ahead an Keep it..

To keep my Unlimited for Two more years i went bought another Maxx i wasn't really interested in any of the Others Devices i wanted or thought about a Rezound but Rep i work with said they had Units come back with issues. Some have gotten really Hot, the Cameras have Quite an some have Seized Up. But i really wanted to give it a Chance.!  but stood Fast and took home another Maxx.. But i still have old Betsy my Droid X she's my Baby an even though she's not I.C.S upgradable she can still can come in if i need her. As a Very good back up.. So i'm Rockin Two Maxx's Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Since you are using the Equalizer app, have you tried disabling is to make sure you do not have the adjustment a little off that could cause that, I experience that before in the past when i listened to music a little out of my Genre.

0 Likes