My Droid Turbo 2 is not turbo charging. What is the deal?
2yrCountDown
Enthusiast - Level 2

Plugged my phone is last night only to wake up with it 62% charged?! This phone is supposed to be fully charged in minutes. I am using the charger that came with the phone. How can this be remedied?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Droid Turbo 2 is not turbo charging. What is the deal?
2yrCountDown
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought mine about the same time you did. It ended up being a hardware issue and Motorola had to send me a new phone. it was free but I was without a phone for a week. It is now starting to drain a lot faster and I have avoided the update bc the last update is when the previous charging issue happened! I cannot be without a phone for a week.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a different outlet; be sure the connections are secure, at the outlet, the USB cable into the charger, and the phone connection - if any of those are loose, and the connection is not solid, it likely won't charge properly.

How long have you had the phone and charger?  The Turbo 2 has been out less than a year, I believe, so you should be able to get the charger swapped out under warranty to see if that is the issue.  If it's the phone, it's still under warranty too, but I would see if the charger is at fault first - that's easier to replace than the phone.

NJFF
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its [removed], that's why.....I got my Turbo 2 in October and come February, the same thing happened. After going to the store and switching out both the car charger AND wall charger, I went home only to find out it still did not work. Being on the phone with Verizons technical support for over an hour and running through everything from starting it in safe mood, turning it off and charging, clearing the cache, factory resetting, switching to a different outlet....they finally told me that they were sending a replacement. I got the replacement February 11th and on April 4th, guess what??? It started to not "turbo charge" again and this time, when it was plugged into the charger..the lightning bolt shows on the battery symbol and I go into settings, battery and it states "not charging". [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  Again call up Verizon for over an hour and was told that it might be due to third party apps or their updates not letting the phone charge properly? So apps like Facebook, FB messenger, USAA, AXA, VALIC, Netflix that were not installed by the manufacturer could be messing this up....what???? I was practically called a liar by the rep when i stated that this issue is nothing new and there are multiple people with the same issue posting on your website...she said that she "doesn't see where it shows on the website". HMMMM, so I uninstalled every non manufacturer installed app and guess what??? It didn't [removed] work!! So Verizon is sending me out another phone so I can go through setting everything up for a third time. OR my other option is to finish paying for the phone that doesn't work properly and get another one.

Kdurk215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having same exact issue,i am on my second phone as well. Very frustrated

0 Likes
Rainingnet

Having the same issue with my galaxy s6 edge +. I keep getting the notification my phone is charging even when its not plugged in

0 Likes
SPETER7291

I am also having the same problem. I got this phone around November of last year (2015) and have gone through 3 chargers... about to need a 4th charger in less than a year. The first one that came with the phone stopped charging with NO signs of any damage-- it looked perfect, but I had to buy a new one and was told this one would be replaced for free if it stopped working with no visible damage. Well then that one got bent so I paid for a new one, assuming the damage was my fault and the reason it wasn't working. Now this one has no visible damage, looks perfect (I made a point to not use it while charging) and it's not charging again. I am very frustrated. 2 of the 3 chargers since I bought this phone less than a year ago stopped working with NO damage. There is nothing wrong with the charger and I will not pay for another one. I'm also frustrated about having to make extra trips to the Verizon store because of this!

0 Likes
2yrCountDown
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought mine about the same time you did. It ended up being a hardware issue and Motorola had to send me a new phone. it was free but I was without a phone for a week. It is now starting to drain a lot faster and I have avoided the update bc the last update is when the previous charging issue happened! I cannot be without a phone for a week.

0 Likes
ROBSCA20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Verizon needs to admit that the issues with the turbo charge not working and the inability to transfer data is due to a OS software upgrade and not the hardware.

6 more months and my phone will be paid off and I can move to another carrier.

0 Likes