My Droid Maxx has been rebooting itself constantly every 1-2 minutes for the past 1.5 hours. I have tried starting it in safe mode, but it still resets. It looks like Google Docs is trying to download, but I can't get into the apps to stop the update be
jmp13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Maxx has been rebooting itself constantly every 1-2 minutes for the past 1.5 hours.  I have tried starting it in safe mode, but it still resets.  It looks like Google Docs is trying to download, but I can't get into the apps to stop the update before it restarts.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Re: My Droid Maxx has been rebooting itself constantly every 1-2 minutes for the past 1.5 hours. I have tried starting it in safe mode, but it still resets. It looks like Google Docs is trying to download, but I can't get into the apps to stop the updat
rpls
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem and it started at the same time!

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Maxx has been rebooting itself constantly every 1-2 minutes for the past 1.5 hours. I have tried starting it in safe mode, but it still resets. It looks like Google Docs is trying to download, but I can't get into the apps to stop the updat
jmp13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine stated at 5 pm EST.  The only way I've been able to stop the rebooting is to put it in airplane mode or turn it off before it restarts.

0 Likes
JackJack1234

I am having the same issue. I tried Safe Mode too and that didn't help. The phone boots fine if I keep it in airplane mode, but as soon as I connect to the Internet (via cellular or WiFi) it reboots. I get a strange cloud icon with a sad face inside that says its trying to download something but doesn't say what. HELP!

0 Likes
WSRE2010

Mine, too... I finally got it to turn off... tried it again... same thing.  Sounds bad.

0 Likes
rossldaniels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me 5. Same time as well.  Well, misery loves company.  Glad to know it's not hardware.

pattynystrom

seems mine is doing the same.  paid my bill, waiting for it to fully charge...

0 Likes
608Lady
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone else find it odd that all of our phones are doing this at the same time?

Mine started about 3PM today and won't stop.  Even if I turn it off, it powers up only to reboot over and over and over.

0 Likes
LeslieinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has been constantly rebooting itself since about 6:00 pm EST tonight.  I am on hold with Verizon Tech support now.  To add insult to injury, while on hold I'm being treated to bad disco music.  No, really, you can't make up this stuff.  If Tech Support ever picks up and I get an answer I will post it here.

rossldaniels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke to Motorola Tech Support. This is a known issue they are working on.  In the meantime, you can stop it from rebooting by putting it into airplane mode, though that does of course make it pretty useless as a phone.