My DROID Turbo 2 won't ring for incoming calls.
DARSHA60
Enthusiast - Level 2

My DROID Turbo 2 won't ring for incoming calls.  Only vibrates. The Do-Not-Disturb is not enabled and I have verified the volume is turned all the way up.  Under Settings >> Sound, the ringer volume for Media, Alarm, and Ring are all shown at 100%.  If I go to CNN and stream something with sound, it plays.  Just the stock functionality doesn't work or have sound.  Same happens on the Clock App Alarm.  It just vibrates when the alarm goes off.  If I power-off the device and back on, it immediately rings again / alarm works again but stops working at some point throughout the day. .This issue started after the Version 7 upgrade at the beginning of this month.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My DROID Turbo 2 won't ring for incoming calls.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please post a screenshot of your sounds settings showing your volume levels including the notification bar so we can see what you see?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DARSHA60
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid_Turbo2_2.pngDroid_Turbo2_2.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmmmm. You definitely don't have the Do Not Disturb setting active at the time of the screenshot. I was wondering about that especially if you have it setup based on your location.

Have you tried running the phone in Safe Mode for a day or two to rule out a third party application interfering with the sound settings?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DARSHA60
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought about it but I haven't installed any apps since the v7 upgrade (except a new alarm clock app yesterday).  That means any of the installed apps could be the problem.  To compound the problem, I see notifications that the stock apps that come with the phone have crashed.  Message+ and BT Reader crash everyday.  I don't even use BT Reader.  Its one of the stock common processes that the issue.  I installed the App "Alarm Clock".  Strangely it works when the stock App "Clock" doesn't make any sounds and just vibrates.  Guess I am just screwed until there is an v7.1 update that maybe will fix this

DFRAZIS

Have you tried turning off your phone?  This morning all my notification sounds disappeared, even though all volume settings were at maximum, so I know how frustrating that is.

I had verified the malfunction by going to ringtone settings in my calendar and to-do apps.  Sure enough, changing the tone choice for an alarm was also muted.

Then I remembered a rule I follow when my laptop or desktop behave badly.  When in doubt, turn it off.  So I did.

And voila!  When, a few minutes later, I turned it back on, there was sound.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
BriEr

I've had the same issue with notification sounds, ringing and alarms. Also Message+ crashes multiple times per day. The sound thing sometimes works after restarting but inevitably it goes silent again with no warning.

0 Likes
DARSHA60
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once the phone is rebooted, the sound stops working within 1-2 days again (sometimes less than a day).  I have never had the need to reboot my phone daily.  Not a viable option to since rebooting doesn't guarantee that the device will not experience the problem for at least another 24-hours.  It can stop working at any time.  V7 Update BROKE it.  It broke many other things as well.  Many APPS that have NEVER crashed before, crash repeatedly every day.  The phone sometimes even flashes the message you get when you sit it on wireless charger.  My wife has the same phone (I have 64GB model she has 32 GB model), her phone does the same thing.  It kept flashing the wireless charge message (No it wasn't on the wireless charger) until I rebooted it and then it stopped.

0 Likes
KennisonDF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar problem.  Audio fails intermittently.  Sometimes on rings, sometimes on alarms, sometimes on media.  While typing a message individual alpha-numeric keys, spacebar, or carriage return may even go silent, returning and going silent again in the course of typing a long message.  Rebooting and/or clearing cache usually restores all sounds, but problem always returns within a couple of days.

0 Likes
pcnation

I am having the same problem for the same length of time.  I initially linked it to the sound never coming back after dnd was turned off after being turned on, so I have stopped using it and turned off all of my auto dnd times.  I have now noticed that it is happening any time I turn the volume down to vibrate or silent and later turn in back up.  It might be doing it more and I just haven't noticed as I silence my phone several times a day.

I have also experienced a ton of crashes on my apps and longer loading of them.  Also, netflix won't work at all anymore, even after restarts and uninstalls.  I'm getting desperate enough to try a factory reset.

0 Likes