Music Transfer Issue
johnjpl09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having issues transferring music from my Windows 8 PC to my Droid Maxx via USB connection. I have the box checked for MTP, and all drivers and upgrades for Motorola Device Manager were successfully installed on my computer. When I connect via USB, I keep getting a notification that I have an option to install Device Manager again. If I click on that option, nothing happens. When my Droid was recognized, I clicked the option "Open folder to view files." I am able to browse my device and locate an empty Music folder, but I am unable to drag and drop any music files into it (from iTunes) as I was able to do with my older Android devices. What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Music Transfer Issue
johnjpl09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was actually able to figure out a solution on my own. Dragging the music from iTunes to my desktop, and then from my desktop to my phone's music folder worked. Not sure why it wouldn't work straight from iTunes. Kind of a strange and time consuming fix. I ended up transferring 1300 songs, 100 at a time, using this method.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Music is one of the most important things on my phone johnjp109! Let's figure out how to get yours transferred over. Is all your music only on iTunes? If so, this may be why you're unable to transfer. Try from another file to see if you can transfer successfully.  Here are steps to transfer music, http://vz.to/17mCn8S

Maybe this will help. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
johnjpl09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was actually able to figure out a solution on my own. Dragging the music from iTunes to my desktop, and then from my desktop to my phone's music folder worked. Not sure why it wouldn't work straight from iTunes. Kind of a strange and time consuming fix. I ended up transferring 1300 songs, 100 at a time, using this method.