Multiple annoying issues
robert0424

I have had my Droid Razr since March 2012. It worked great at first, but every since the beginning of this summer I have had multiple issues. They're no big deal on their own, but all together this is getting very annoying.

These issues include:

- Play Music deleting ALL my music, and it will NOT sync with my computer to re-load it all

- The shortcut on the lock screen when music is playing shows when I'm not playing any music

- The keyboard becomes "possessed" at times which I've read is an issue for others, it will do this no matter what app I'm typing on whether it's texting, Facebook, or email

Are these issues easy to fix on my own (note: I'm good with technology but not in any way an expert), or should I bring it to the Verizon store and have them try to fix it? Would it be easier to just upgrade my phone even though I'm not eligible until March '14?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple annoying issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@robert0424,

Sounds like you're phone needs a time out! Let's get your phone acting right.

Did you notice these issues started after downloading a certain app? Try running the phone in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1h8NRyy and see if you notice an improvement.

If the issues stop then it's a 3rd party app causing the issues. In this case you will need to remove all the apps and add them back one at a time to determine which one is causing the problems.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
robert0424

The issue did not happen after downloading apps - I am very careful to be aware of changes in phone activity or battery use after downloading anything new.

Running my phone in Safe Mode did not change phone activity/issues.

Any other suggestions for what I can do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your feedback and for running Safe Mode, robert0424. If this occurs during Safe Mode, then something may have happened to the device's software bundle on a fundamental level. I recommend a factory reset of your RAZR. The instructions are here: http://vz.to/150gZRU. Let us know how that goes!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes