I was recently forced with the ICS update on my Droid Razor
Max. And after the update I went from a satisfied
customer to a very dissatisfied customer. First off the ICS version is
different with each phone manufacture. That was extremely apparent after some
research into other phone manufactures such as Samsung. Below are some of the issues that I am
having. Before I get started I have spent years testing and working with
software upgrades for various computer packages and know quickly when software
was poorly designed.
These are solutions that Motorola can do to resolve a number of the
Verizon Solutions : These are possible solutions Verizon can
take to ensure the satisfaction of its customers.
End user solutions are limited as they cannot solve all the
issues however here are a list of suggestions.
If on all major computer systems and applications end users
have the ability to choose whether to install an update, revert to a previous
state after installing an update. It is about time we demand the same from our smart phones.
You could always Look at Pro-Launcher, There are other Dialers in the Market, And there are ways to save the Battery.. And if your having issues Try a System Cache Clear or if all Fails do a F.D.R..
I have not run into any of these issues. the only app that the home screen will NOT let you move is the APP button. All others you can change to whatever you desire.
After disabling the Bloatware on the Maxx, my phone gets better battery life then it did prior to ICS.
I'm not crazy about ICS either. I liked Gingerbread better. The major problem I'm having with ICS is compatibility with my BueAnt ST3 hands free device. Since the ICS upgrade, I cannot get the BlueAnt to activate the voice dial feature. I have to pick up the phone, unlock it and select voice command. Then everything works OK after that, but the system is no longer handsfree. I went from one touch dialing and disconnecting to having to handle my phone while driving. This is unsafe according to the company I work for and they don't want me doing this while driving my company vehicle. This first Droid I bought a few years ago had the same problem and I had to return it (read huge restocking fee) and get a Blackberry, which worked perfectly. So a few months ago, I figure Droids got it fixed by now. I go into my Verizon store and test out my BlueAnt with a Droid Razor Maxx and Wow, it works great. Little did I know that just a couple of month later, I would a useless bluetooth system again. I'm mad and I want my Gingerbread back.
98targa: It may be just a issue or glitch that can be fixed with doing a little house Cleaning: Clearing of Cache and Data in the Blue Tooth App = to Get there Tap Menu-->Settings-->Apps once there Slide ---------> the top bar to the Left to All Scroll up to Bluetooth Share clear the Cache then the Data or Just the Data. Then Tap Home Do a Soft Reset let the Maxx power back up and then Repair the Bluetooth.. Try this let me know the Results if this doesn't work we'll move to something Else..
Would you please let Steve Kaminski at Verizon tech support in
Chandler, Arizona know that my bluetooth problem is solved and how it