Re: Motorola Droid Razr M not receiving all text messages
TheLioness22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been experiencing the same issue with my Droid RAZR M.  People say they have sent me texts, but I never receive them.  It is intermittent.  I receive some texts, but not all.  Today I started receiving group texts in response to an initial group text that I didn't receive.  It is getting very frustrating.  My texts are completely unreliable.  I got fed up with it and did a factory reset on my phone a while ago and quit using third party Messaging apps.  It didn't help.  I got the new Kit Kat update and that didn't help.  I did another factory reset AFTER the Kit Kat update -- I still have texts that are not being received.  What else can I do?

shanajo79
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same here, I will get some text messages but will miss more than I get, I have the most problem with people not in my contacts but even after I add them it doesn't seem to work. Group messages never show up but I will get a number next to my text icon that says I have 4 or 5 messages but when I look nothing is there, and the number wont go away. I will try uninstalling all my 3rd party apps tonight and see if that makes a difference..  Latest update seems to be the biggest issue. I used to enjoy this phone but now its just a paper weight.

0 Likes
msjohns1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid Razr Maxx HD. Having the same problem, at least within the last week, although it's possible it happened previously and I didn't notice. I have confirmed that 1 text sent from my son's phone on Thursday never arrived, and today 4 texts in a row from my wife's phone never arrived (and she was very unhappy that I was "ignoring" her). All 3 of us are on the same "share everything" plan. I have to say, the update to KitKat has been pretty much junk all the way around, although I don't know for sure if this is KitKat. Based on the overwhelming number of comments, it seems pretty clear there's no known resolution. If this keeps up, we will have to look for other carriers because not getting texts randomly, when the sender's phone reports that it was sent, is unacceptable, especially for exorbitant costs for the phones and the service.

0 Likes
windmill56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completed the first recommendation but it did not make a difference.

Then I did the master reset and now I seem to be getting my text message.  However, I have received very few because friends were no longer texting me because it had been so unreliable.  I will start texting again so people will know it is working.

windmill56

0 Likes
msjohns1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, I just reviewed what the master reset is. Ridiculous that you had to factory reset *everything* on the phone to get text messaging to work! I do appreciate the information, but I'm quite put out by both Motorola and Verizon.

I hope you keep this thread updated if you find you start missing texts again. Wiping the whole phone is a lot of pain to consider just for the hope that it might work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi windmill56,

Thanks for doing that hard reset! Let us know how it goes and if you need to contact us directly for assistance, call 800-922-0204 or *611 from your VZW device.

Thank you!

EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

JuggyGayles
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Razor Maxx. I am also experiencing the same problems everyone else is having after that unwanted upgrade, update, upverizons... Let's get creative here people. Next time you receive your bill go to your most favorite local Verizon store. Hand them cash for half the bill. I have a signed contract for a service that is supposed to be provided by Verizon. I pay (on time) every month for the half or three quarter service I'm receiving. Now if I didn't hold up my end of the deal Phone gets shut off. Remember everyone! Verizon is working for us! WE PAY THEM! We are not customers! We should be the ones keeping our money. If an Employee doesn't show up for work because he doesn't feel like it. He doesn't get paid! (in most cases) Well Verizon hasn't been showing up! The part that stinks the most we have to drive to their house when they don't show to try and get anything fixed. We could send them a fuel bill, perhaps an hourly wage bill for all the wasted time punch the clock soon as you leave the house, until you return home from the store. Or punch in the second you dial their phone #. Call waiting would speed up a bit I think. Folks I know its all wishful thinking and venting here in my own world. But think about how this service should really be working....FOR US!

ok i'm done now.

SpunkeeOne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just installed the Verizon Messenger and uninstalled the standard messenger and I was able to receive the last 90 days of text messages through the Verizon Messenger. After going through the messages I REALLY missed a lot of important work texts and of course personal as well. Everything is working great with Verizon Messenger. I strongly suggust doing this. I actually like Verizon Messenger better because it has a lot more features and so far no problems.

msjohns1
Enthusiast - Level 2

SpunkeeOne, thanks for the suggestion. I've done the same, although I didn't suddenly find any missing messages. Nevertheless, we'll see how it performs over time. I like that the messages are in the web app too, so if one is missing, it'll be interesting to see if it's missing everywhere or just on the phone.