Re: Motorola Droid Razr M not receiving all text messages
brook2k

Same problem here. Ive talked talked to technical support who asked that I install Verizon messenger and do a soft reset. Did both and it worked for 2 days and now im not receiving random texts again (but they show up on my Verizon messaging app on my tablet). Stayed on hold for 15 minutes tonight only for Technical Support to hang up on me....tried calling back and am now being told to call back at another time. Beyond frustrated as I had a similar problem with my last phone....was sent THIS phone to correct the problem.

0 Likes
Dean00

Support people are talking very nicely, thank you.

But its just a lo of words. No fixes, just hard resets and no fixes.

We don't want to hear " lets get that great Verizon service working you are used to"...

I am trying to run a company with this phone and I can't do that when I don't receive texts from employees.

I've carried my entire family on Verizon for over 10 years. But I will drop Verizon in a host second and get iPhones for everyone if y'all can't fix this.

There are no answers on this forum, just new phones and hard resets.... I am GREATLY disappointed.

0 Likes
marycat69
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I don't understand is that Tech Support opened a ticket into my phone, I even provided them with phone numbers of other people I know I'm missing messages from to investigate "comparability issues" and they said there were no issues found, but here are groups of other people describing the same problems. There is obviously an issue

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marycat69,

Allow us a chance to solve this mystery for you! With the ticket coming back that everything is A-OK with our network, I would think we need to do some work on the phone itself. Have you gotten the SIM card replaced for free at one of our corporate stores yet? If not, I recommend doing that and then testing to see if the issue persists.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kfox99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Razr HD and have noticed this to be a minor issue since it was new.  My boyfriend had also bought the same phone as me and has had the same issue.  In the past two weeks, though, the missed text messages have increased significantly, both incoming and outgoing.  It is definitely bothersome to have this happen with friends and family, but it's completely unacceptable to have this happen with work texts.  As customers, we pay a premium for the Verizon coverage area, but what good is that if we cannot even get simple text messages in a fully 4G area? 

I'm not looking forward to the long wait on hold for a service tech to just be told to do a hard reset when there is evidence here that it doesn't resolve the issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to wait, help is here kfox99! We understand the importance of staying in touch and receiving the service you're paying for. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we'll get to the bottom of this. Are you using the standard messaging app? Do you or your boyfriend receive any errors? What zip code are you located in? Have you noticed that this happens everywhere or a specific location?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
kfox99
Enthusiast - Level 2

AshleyS_VZW

Are you using the standard messaging app? *Yes, I am using the standard

messaging app that was on the phone when I purchased it.*

Do you or your boyfriend receive any errors? *There are never any errors on

the missing texts. Someone will usually text me a couple of hours later

and ask why didn't I reply to a question. This also raises the concern of

how many text messages I miss that aren't questions, so people just never

follow up with me and I don't even know I've missed a text.*

What zip code are you located in? Have you noticed that this happens

everywhere or a specific location? *I am in 63051, 63103, 63025, and many

other zip codes in the metro area. The missing texts can happen anywhere

and at any time. There does not seem to be any pattern to when they are

missed. Mostly I am aware of not receiving texts, but last week I know of

one text I sent that was not received. My phone showed the message as

being sent, but the recipient never received it. *

Karen

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

Sbond7

Same problem. Texts not received from an I phone. Never a problem until 2 days ago. Now it is every other text not received.

0 Likes
windmill56
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past few weeks, my Razr M is also not receiving all texts.  I have tried everything suggested on this forum and many other things I read on the web.  The personnel at the Verizon store in my town said they had no idea what is wrong with it.  The messaging icon shows I have five messages but i can not see them.  When I do a soft reset or shut the phone down the number goes away but then randomly reappears.  Has Verizon figured out a solutions for this problem that many people seem to be having?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi windmill56!

I want you to receive and send messages with no problem! I've reviewed this device and I would like to recommend first pulling the SIM card on the device, power off, reattach the SIM and power the device on.

If you still encounter problems, please complete a master reset: http://vz.to/1luBNO6

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support