Re: Motorola Droid Razr M not receiving all text messages
mdb007

I have recently had the same issue with my Droid HD i got a month ago. I can send messages find to everyone but don't always receive all of them back. It has ben a problem with wife and daughters all on my verizon account. Not sure if it is happening with others. I just uninstalled many apps so will see what happens.  Between this and other issues with droid platform having regrets not going with iphone even though i have had 3 previous Motorola products. It seems sad that a 3rd party app could interfere with simple texting. My experience is Droid does not have the quality control checks in place Apple has. This could be a long 2 years If I can't get a fix for the issue.

0 Likes
marycat69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similar issue here.  Intermittently not receiving texts.  I can send texts with no issues.  It will happen in the middle of the thread where one or two messages will never be received, then pick up later ones.  Happens with iPhone and Android based phone.  Both Verizon and Non-Verizon carriers. These messages NEVER appear, even when I restart the phone.  I spent much time on the phone with tech, including them opening an ticket and doing a few days investigation with nothing found.  Only suggestion they had was I live in a "spotty" coverage area, but this happens while I'm laying in bed (not mobile or changing towers) and at work (in the city with full 4G/WiFi coverage).  Becoming more and more frequent.  Have missed three random messages in last 24 hours (those are just the ones I was made aware of!!)  Not using any aftermarket apps for text.  Software is up to date.  I really need a fix for this problem as I have missed important information and people have thought I was ignoring them due to me not answering them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marycat69, Lets make sure that we can get all the texts coming to your phone. Sounds like we have been working with you on this matter for some time. Throughout the troubleshooting, have they offered to perform a master reset or sending you out a new SIM card? We do want to get this fixed for you and are here to help.

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

notbitter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the exact same problem.  It seems to be getting worse.  I have a Razr Maxx HD.  It happens whether the sender is using an Iphone or Android phone, whether they are on Verizon or on another carrier.  Funny thing is I also have an Ipad with VZ Messages installed and I DO receive those texts on the Ipad but I do not on the Razr.  I am looking an an example of this that I just received on the Ipad but not on the Razr.  It's one text that's missing in a string of other texts that I did receive on the Razr.  Since I am getting them on the Ipad, but not on the Razr Maxx HD, I am assuming it is something specific to the software on the phone.

I tried installing Verizon Messages and using that instead of the stock phone app, but that does not help.

It also seems that sometimes I do receive a notification sound that I have received a text, but there is no message on the phone.  I will then go to the Ipad and, in fact, there is a message.  It never "comes back" on the phone -- even if I power off and on again, clear the cache on the phone, clear the cache on the email.

This is my second Razr and the issue has happened on both phones.

I'm hoping the purported update to Kit Kat includes a fix for this somehow, but it is very frustrating to have such unreliable service.  At least I have VZ Messages on the Ipad so that every once in a while I can log in and see what I've missed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

notbitter, We do want to make sure your device is working as it should regarding your texting features. Lets get this fixed for you. I know you stated that you have gotten the device replaced already once and the experience was on both devices. By any chance did they also send out a new SIM card with the replacement device? In addition, when was the last time you performed a master reset on the device http://vz.to/1emL3LV ? Please provide details notbitter so we can get that device back up and running in no time. Thanks

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

notbitter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not believe that they gave me a new SIM card.  I have not done a hard reset since receiving the replacement phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It would've been in the box with your replacement.. Just reminder if you did or didn't get on and if you decide to get another one install it yourself and handle the by edges Sim Cards that are touched even by accident in the Gold area's can cause issues with phones there installed in because of the oils and Static electricity we have through out our body structure..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for filling us in, notbitter. I do want to check on a few things with your phone before we consider the reset. Did the messaging work for a bit after you received the replacement and then start back up with the issue? Have you tried deleting longer text threads on your phone to make way for new messages? When the text messages stop coming in to your phone, are you able to send a text to that person from your Razr?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
GeorgeX

Droid Razr Maxx HD:  Same problem, I am not receiving all of my texts.

Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GerogeX- Let's bring back the reliable service that you deserve! Is this happening with specific contacts? Are the missed messages coming from multiple different carriers? Have you tried erasing previous message threads?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport