Motorola Droid Maxx unread email count showing incorrect
N8MMR

I've been using the Droid Maxx since it first was available.  That said, the unit has been pretty solid, but there is one quirk I can't seem to resolve.  When I look at the Email App, there's always a number 2 - which would normally indicate there are two unread emails.  What's frustrating, is there are no unread emails in either account I have set up on the phone. 

When there is an unread email, the number increments by that number, so if I have three unread emails, that number becomes a 5.  I read on one posting somewhere that clearing the cache for the badger service might help - but I haven't noticed any change after doing so.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thank you,

Bob Wiley

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola Droid Maxx unread email count showing incorrect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having email issues are no fun N8MMR. Have you removed all emails on your desktop along with your phone? Have you tried to remove the email completely from the phone and reset it up again? This may also help with your issue? Does your phone have the latest software?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having email issues are no fun N8MMR. Have you removed all emails on your desktop along with your phone? Have you tried to remove the email completely from the phone and reset it up again? This may also help with your issue? Does your phone have the latest software?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
N8MMR

Thank you very much - that worked!  Any idea what causes such a problem?  Anyway, thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that has resolved your concerns N8MMR. Unfortunately, there is not a specific reason why this happens. However, please feel free to reach out to us here or via our Twitter Support if you ever need assistance. Have a great day!

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
tsitfh

I've deleted and reset up my email account three times now. This problem recurs. Is this a known issue?

0 Likes
AnthjamVZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have this issue but it too happens with gmail, email and messaging apps as well and it's annoying! I've tried the deleting and restarting etc. but the problems persists no matter what I do!

0 Likes
AndroidGuy99

THE REAL SOLUTION:

I have/had the exact same problem on my Droid Maxx and seems to affect all forms of Android phones including Samsung and many others - not just the Droid series.

Unfortunately Verizon's solution is overkill and time consuming and runs the risk of loosing your emails.  You should not have to delete your email account and re-add it.  That is just silly.

This solution is simple and takes 15 seconds (or less if you and your phone are on the same wave length):

http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2013/02/03/sqlauthority-news-reset-messaging-smstext-icon-count-in-andr...

The only caveat is that on the newer versions of Android, the application that Pinal refers too, is now called Badger, but the resolution (choosing to clear data) is still the correct solution.  It worked instantly on my Droid.

--Chris

0 Likes