Moto Voice not recognizing commands
05Landshark

Since receiving a replacement Droid Turbo, I’ve been having problems with Moto Voice working in the car. The phone is paired with the factory head unit in my Sonata via Bluetooth and Moto Voice won’t understand anything I’m saying unless the volume on the car’s stereo is turned up to max.  Even then, the phone only understands or recognizes commands about half the time.  The previous phone did not have this problem.  I’ve already performed an FDR more than once with no help.

Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Voice not recognizing commands
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

05Landshark, we want your replacement phone to live up to the original. Lets figure out why this is happening. Are the volume settings up for the bluetooth in your phone? Is the software updated in the phone? Have you tried connecting a different phone to the car's bluetooth to make sure it isn't the Sonata?

MarcusSS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
05Landshark

Thank you for responding so quickly.  Please see my responses below:

Are the volume settings up for the bluetooth in your phone?

-Yes

Is the software updated in the phone?

-Yes

Moto Voice ver. 7.2.17.1

Android ver. 5.1

Have you tried connecting a different phone to the car's bluetooth to make sure it isn't the Sonata?

-Yes, my original Droid Turbo did not have this issue and responed fine to voice commands.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those answers 05Landshark, very helpful information. My resources indicate that this issue may be associated to a third party application. Please run/test in Safe Mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118294/ for a few hours, and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
05Landshark

I put the phone in safe mode and sat in the car for a half an hour or so testing it out.  It appeared to be working correctly.  Instead of removing apps one by one to try and find the culprit, I just did an FDR and did not install any apps (just let the pre-loaded apps update).  Right away I noticed problems.  It would recognize commands for text input but was having trouble actually sending the texts consistently. After verifying what I said, it would just sit there and not actually send the message (or, it would just say "opening Google" and then do nothing else).  The few times it did send the text, Moto Voice did not notify me or read me the incoming text.  I verified that Moto Voice was set to read incoming text in drive mode, and I went ahead and un-checked and then re-checked the option.  After that it would read the incoming texts.  Now, about 8 times out of 10, Moto Voice will correctly recognize voice input.

Is this just another symptom of the bluetooth problems caused by the Lollipop updates on the original Droid Turbos? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

05Landshark,

I know how important it is to have a working phone. Updates should improve your phone not damage it. Are all of your applications updated yet? Does this only occur with specific numbers or all numbers?
JasperMM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
05Landshark

All of the applications have been updated. As far as I know, the problem occurs with all numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

05Landshark-

I definitley want your replacement phone to work properly after the most recent update. I see you have tried most steps on your own without a solution. While we recommend performing a full factory reset to remove all apps and install them one by one to get this issue properly fixed, this issue can also be related to your car's bluetooth software. I would suggest contacting your car manufacturer to ensure the bluetooth is up to date and that it is compatible with the newest software. Perhaps they need to send a new update for this feature to work as well. Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes