Moto - Shame Shame
homesmd

Just read an article that indicates the Moto will not be delivering ICS to any of their phones until late 3rd qtr 2012..Wow and I was just getting ready to purchase the new Razor Maxx....not now. Fact is that by the time Moto updates to Ice Cream,,,,Jelly Bean will be out. Why pay 300.00 for old software.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Moto - Shame Shame
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

I am a little upset about not getting ICS, I am currently waiting for my new Maxx to get here. I do also agree with Wildman, and as the owner of a Fascinate, we waited a long time for Samsung to upgrade it to Froyo, and the Continuum never even upgraded to Froyo. Motorola is not the only manufacturer that delays updates. After the Froyo update many users had problems, as also happened with subsequent updates. If the phone is stable with Gingerbread, I'd rather have a functioning phone with a stable OS. After viewing the Nexus forum, that phone is full of issues, but it runs ICS. That's why I didn't get a Nexus even though it runs the most updated OS. Just my 0.02......

jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand your frustration. I remember when I was shopping for a new phone I had a hard time choosing between the razr and the nexus, one of the big selling points was that the nexus came with ICS. I had several VZW team members tell me that the razr would have ICS in January. I'd be mad too if I had to wait that long for the OS upgrade

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Be glad you didnt own a Droid X, we waited so long for a update to fix the low sound issue that everyone experiances...  Plan and simpe updates come when the developer and service pervider decides its ready...  I just toughed it out until I got the update.

jayare
Contributor - Level 2

Just my two cents worth, but Jelly Bean is being developed for tablets only.  Phones will never see it.  I've not heard of Google developing the next phone OS beyond ICS.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

My thought is its time to stop releasing a new OS every few months and start invest into working on the ones already released....  What good is it to fix most of bugs and then release a update that adds double the problems..

I may not be a Apple fan but I can say this is one thing they got right...   Fix the bugs and then move on and allow the customer to pick what the choose to use.

bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

I agree Wildman forget about new OS just work on the ones already present and make them work properly. My buddy has had his IPhone from AT&T now for just over 3 years and has had no problems at all, battery he says is starting to show it's age but still goes all day. Apple has it all the way.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

And the funny part about it is that I am not a iPhone fan but the way this OS updating game is going it doesn't looks like there wont ever will be a full functional Android rom for a device because of all the constant code changes and the issues that developers are having keeping up with updating their apps for the new builds.

But I have to also point out that if Android was only on one device like the iPhone this would make this easier to manage but this would remove the open side that people like about the OS now.

0 Likes
rexboe
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you want ICS then you should buy the Nexus. Otherwise just be happy with your maxx and the great OS it has on it. I am very happy with my Maxx and I also know that before my next upgrade I will have ICS. But if I couldn't wait for ICS I would have bought the Nexus.

reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

I really dont care about ICS. Its the same story we heard when moto tool forever to get froyo. People wanted it bad. Its just something that needs to be tested and tested and tested again. Imagine if they keep pushing updates and phones without testing, we will have even more problems. In my opinion they have gotten better at their products.

0 Likes