Mobile Hotspot will not connect to server, Server Error
Kb3drf

I have been with Verizon for thirty years. Three days ago I hit my Hotspot setting on my Droid like have been doing for past seven years. Won’t work hmmm, I got

Your phone cannot connect to Verizon’s Server. internet connection is not available or weak, or server is not responding please try later.

So I tried later, I tried again after two days I getting angry. Finally after trying everything I reset the phone, figured that should solve it. Nope, same thing. So then I called Verizon for help. WOW bad experience, No human sent to My Verizon app and typing back and forth, after three attempts each one over an hour, I had to shut down walk away. I have large plan 6 gigabytes I have 5.8 remaining. I use hotspot in mornings to conduct personal business, never had issues before. Billed paid always. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot will not connect to server, Server Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kb3drf, we always want you to have access to all of the features you need on your phone. We have sent you a Private Message, please only respond to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Theunclebob
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Mobile-Hotspot-fails-at-quot-checki...

Looks like this is becoming a more widespread issue.

OP, I am curious, are you on an old school unlimitied data plan?

0 Likes
Tom777j
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid mini 6yrs old and Mobile Hotspot worked fine till 3 days ago. Verizon techs were no help at all!!!

0 Likes
Theunclebob
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Tom777j @Kb3drf Check out the thread linked above - looks like we might be completely out of luck. 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's terrible to hear your hotspot has started having trouble, Tom777j. What seems to be going on exactly?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes