Re: Mobile Hotspot on Droid RAZR requires ADDITIONAL data plan?
ejf74
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Having an unlimited data plan makes what you are doing illegal. Only tiered plans did the FCC allow to have free hotspot and tethering

0 Likes
ejf74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not have the unlimited data plan, but Verizon still wants to charge me for hotspot/tethering.  According to what you say and as the FCC has determined, what Verizon is doing is illegal.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you have a metered plan, you can download an app and tether or use hotspot for free, legally.  The ruling said Verizon must allow this.  It did not say Verizon must give it to you for free using the Verizon feature.

0 Likes
ejf74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Already done a while ago.  Thanks though Jim Smiley Happy  I did EXTENSIVE research BEFORE I decided to do this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Droid X and the Droid RAZR both require an additional data plan to use the Mobile Hotspot service with Verizon Wireless.  They are different bundles due to one device being 3G and the other being 4G.  If you'd like to review the service you may have had with the Droid X, please follow me (mariac_vzw) and send me a direct message.  When the change was done to the Droid RAZR, the Mobile Hotspot plan from the Droid X would have been cancelled automatically.  The Droid RAZR requires the $30.00 Unlimited Mobile Hotspot service with the Unlimited phone Data plan.  You can check out Share Everything on www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything as these plans include Mobile Hotspot with your bundle.

Thank you
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes