Message to "Uninstall Motorola Sensor Services firmware"
STEFUX55
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Maxx is showing a message to "Uninstall Motorola Sensor Services firmware". It continues to state "This will revert firmware to previous version." I'm afraid to complete this uninstall since I have never received this message before.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message to "Uninstall Motorola Sensor Services firmware"
STEFUX55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn’t necessarily want to uninstall it. I got a notice that kept popping up that said to uninstall it. I turned my phone off and back on again and it went away.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's fine. The application can't be fully uninstalled because it is a system application and is written into the OS. The application is reverted to the factory version when you uninstall it.

Why are you wanting to uninstall it? Was there an update that made it obsolete?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
STEFUX55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn’t necessarily want to uninstall it. I got a notice that kept popping up that said to uninstall it. I turned my phone off and back on again and it went away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEFUX55- we understand the concern with receiving an unknown message. Since you powered your device off and on, have you received the message to uninstall it again?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
STEFUX55
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it has not returned as of this time.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reboot likely allowed the phone to complete update to either uninstall the application or to disable it since it wasn't needed for the current OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEFUX55-

We're glad to hear that the message hasn't returned. In the mean time, is there anything else that we can assist you with or any other questions we can help answer?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stefux55, we are glad to hear the message has not returned. Receiving these alarming messages can certainly be frustrating. Was there anything additional that we might assist with?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes