Mass storage when using desktop computer t charge phone
MrSmooth

Ever since the upgrade from GB to ICS my razr now goes into mass storage mode instead of just charging the phone when I plug into the computer

Is there a way I can just set the phone up to just charge it while plugged into the computer instead of the mass storage mode it goes into

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Mass storage when using desktop computer t charge phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope. The Android 4.0 operating system update changed how the phone connects to the computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

usb charging isn't as effective as the wall charger that came with the phone.

the droid x has a statement under settings/battery, that charging with usb will not show a full charge, possibly why usb charging was removed on the maxx upgrade to ics.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What bearone21 says. It's pretty useless to. The USB port charges at .5. Your wall charge charges at 1.5 which is a drastic difference. If you ever use your device while plugged into USB it'll take forever to charge and it will still take forever to charge without touching it.

I am guessing someone realized that having that option was pointless.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

touche'

0 Likes
ejf74
Enthusiast - Level 3

While in mass storage, your device is still charging, albeit at a much lower rate than if you were to plug it into a wall charger as previously stated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mr. Smooth,

The new ICS interface has brought many awesome changes to the Motorola Razr. When the phone is in Mass Storage mode it charges the phone too. However, with ICS there isn't a charge only mode. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you,

Katrinan_vzw
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Something i wanted to pass a long there's new Flip Stand from Moto and is a Very nice stand for all sorts of phones but the charging USB cord has a Warning Tag on it saying Don't charge from Computer:  here is a Pic. on this Tag

UHF W.S..jpg

0 Likes