Marshmallow for droid turbo1 no more Verizon
droidturbohh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi! Could you tell me if and how can I get the next upgrade to Marshmallow for my droid turbo1 if I'm no more a Verizon customer? Please help me

Many thanks  Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow for droid turbo1 no more Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The tech sites and the Verizon Wireless website will say if the update is ready. I was following those sites to know about updates for the previous updates on my non-active phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update to Marshmallow for the DROID Turbo (1) hasn't been released yet. You should be able to download it through wifi even if it is no longer on an active Verizon line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
droidturbohh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ann; I know that hasn't been realized yet, but they say it's going to arrive; are you sure about that? Someone told me that the only way should be to flash the factory image with the next upgrade...please tell me

Many thanks Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have updated two different Motorola phones to their next version of the OS while those phones had the SIM cards removed from them. The updates were pulled down through wifi only.

0 Likes
droidturbohh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! But how did you know that there was the upgrade incoming if you had the sim inside? What should I do when I will know that the droid turbo1 upgrade has been released? I'll have to remove the sim and wait until the upgrade arrives, don't I? It's very kind of you to help me! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The tech sites and the Verizon Wireless website will say if the update is ready. I was following those sites to know about updates for the previous updates on my non-active phones.

0 Likes