Re: Marshmallow for droid turbo
Yeti35

I don't see anymore updates for this phone either. It seems to update apps on a weekly basis, but no Marshmallow yet. I don't know about leaving Verizon, but I am definitely never doing another flagship phone anymore. I have used Motorola for years, but I think this is the last one for me. Thinking about a Galaxy 7 Edge, but I still have not made up my mine yet. I just wish the would take down the section on updates that says the Turbo is getting Marshmallow, it is not going to happen.

0 Likes
Chidoro43
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're pretty much stuck with Verizon so this won't cause a loss to their bottom line. To be honest, our plan and its price is actually pretty good so there's really no complaints there. They just have to hamstring the best phone of 2014 and I simply don't know why. The same phone is already updated globally. It just seems like the only way to prevent Verizon from sticking their hands in and artificially aging a phone that's otherwise fantastically fast and in perfect working order is to get an iPhone.

0 Likes
Ellis113
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I agree all service plans are similar, I am just done having a phone with issues do to bad or no update, in addition to all the bloatware. I will buy my next phone outright so I can use any vendor and no bloat. Leaving Verizon will be more for their poor management and follow through. Broken promised over and over again.

0 Likes
gwwhited

Reading through all this [Removed]...AS VERIZON SHOULD BE(????) My conclusion is that Verizon does not give a [Removed]. We have been told to expect the update to Marshmallow, been EXPECTING it, Some have been RELYING on it but NOTHING. Well over a year. ...... Every turn is an apparent LIE.  [Removed]! We were conned into an expensive "Flagship Item" and are STILL being conned.

Profanity and inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Patdio58
Enthusiast - Level 3

rcshnoor- Just curious, how long have you worked for Verizon ?

0 Likes
cmhjon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like there might be a glimmer of hope:

Motorola DROID Turbo gets soak test prior to Android 6.0 update

Cheers,

Jon

0 Likes
gwwhited

About [Removed] time..... Verizon has been dragging their feet since late 2014 on this. I will have to think really hard next time I'm in the market for a new phone. This was their "Flagship" phone that they pushed the Hell out of then refused to pass on the Marshmallow update while most EVERY other comparable devices received it. The forums have been blowing up over Verizon's [Removed]. BUT I will believe it when I see it come through.

GREG [Removed]

[Removed]

profanity and personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Woo Hoo! http://www.droid-life.com/2016/12/05/droid-turbo-gets-android-6-0-1-marshmallow-action-septembers-se...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

timlew_vzw I'm sorry to learn you are having problems with your phone after the OTA update. Is it working now? We can definitely help and troubleshoot with you. Please contact us via any forum included in the following link. http://vz.to/1iurlIn

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
timlew2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

That link just takes me to a generic landing page for 'contact us', not sure where I'd go after that.

No the phone does not work, it needs to be flashed in order for that to happen. My understanding is that it can only be recovered by you giving me a correct set of firmware files (i.e. not the ones that are being sent OTA, because that was the cause of the problem) which I can then upload to the phone over USB via the Software Upgrade Assistant.

0 Likes