Re: Marshmallow for droid turbo
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Official support documents posted on 12/06/2016. Droid Turbo Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
timlew2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is good info, but that is the exact OTA that broke my phone. I believe this OTA does not work on encrypted handsets. In any case I cannot OTA the phone any more because it is soft-bricked. I can only get to fastboot, and try software upgrade assistant... doing that it downloads an image but fails after loading 10% to the handset.

0 Likes
timlew2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may see a problem. You page lists the latest version as

24.81.5.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US

Using the software upgrade assistant it is trying to install version 23.21.49.EN.US. If the bootloader is expecting 24.81 then that may explain why the upload fails.

0 Likes
wavesandsun
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have an encrypted Droid Turbo too. It has been bricked since the update was pushed on Saturday 12/3. I'm not sure who to contact to get this problem fixed and I haven't seen any announcements. Where can we download the file to try to fix the problem ourselves?

"Bricked" means that a phone won't even load the OS; the splash window that appears usually with a logo, doesn't appear and the phone is completely unusable.

0 Likes
timlew2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

@wavesandsun If you have the same problem as I do then your phone is booting to 'fastboot' mode. You see a picture of the Android on his back with a flap open on his belly. There is a green arrow saying "Start" at the top of the screen. You can use the volume buttons and power button to cycle through and select various options (none of which do anything meaningful). In the lower left of the screen you should see "Device is LOCKED. Status code 0" and "Software status: Official". If you see all this you have exactly my problem. I believe the only fix is for VZ to provide a corrected image (which is not currently available for download) which you install via a recovery program and a USB cable. Or if VZ cannot fix it that way they could exchange the handset at no cost (since they broke it), which would be the classy thing to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are supposed to make your phone run better not worse, wavesandsun. Let’s ensure we find a solution once and for all. Can you please clarify that you are not able to get past the start up screen on the phone? I want to fully understand the symptoms you’re experiencing.

If this happened right after a software update I recommend using the software repair tool. This will help fix any software related issues. Click here: http://vz.to/2gAgV9k . Please let us know if the issue duplicates after this.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Patdio58
Enthusiast - Level 3

rcshnoor- Just curious, how long have you worked at Verizon ?

0 Likes
Patdio58
Enthusiast - Level 3

rcshnoor- You stated that you do not pay higher line access fees, if you are not go on the Verizon plan.  Yet you're statement about the two year contract, contradicted the higher fees.

"ALL providers are moving away from 2 yr contracts. When you got that "discounted" phone in the past, you paid extra on your service for the next 2 yrs which ended up with a LARGER total cost(service + phone) over that time. You would get a phone with a $450 discount and end up paying $600 MORE for your service. GREAT DEAL! I prefer the way it is now. It cost me LESS."

I was on the More Everything Plan as well, paying $15.  When my two year contract was completed, the only way for me to upgrade my phone was to go onto the Verizon Plan, or pay higher access fees of $40

per line !!

In regards to Verizon giving new customers better deals than long time customers, look at some of the "Deals" on new Smart Phones. They clearly state, Existing customers log in to see if you "qualify" for this deal !! Explain to me how that does "not" give a "new" customer the better deal over an existing customer ?

0 Likes