Re: Marshmallow for droid turbo
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Motorola submitted a 6.0 update in late January 2016 for the original Droid and Droid 2. That came straight from a Motorola rep that I spoke to myself, at that time Ann154.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are getting your phone models mixed up. The original Droid was released in 2009. The Droid 2 is a 2010-11 phone model. Neither of them have gotten updates for several years now.

The Motorola rep was too low level to know exactly the status of the updates for devices that haven't been released. The Droid Turbo hasn't yet had a soak test. It isn't nowhere done if they haven't completed the soak test.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would pay money to see the 2009 OG Droid running Marshmallow Android 6.0. Sadly I don't think it will happen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Geez Ann154 you're a bit testier than I remember interacting with you a couple of years ago. I meant, in my reply, 'original Droid Turbo and Droid Turbo 2' updates being submitted in late January.

0 Likes
Ellis113
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a number of years with delays in updates, months after the developer releases it, I will leave Verizon. I plan to buy an unlocked phone direct from a manufacturer. I no longer find the control and lack of updated acceptable. I expect T-Mobile will be my first carrier to try.

The continued promises, promises, promises are over, plus all the bloatware. I have had 3 smartphones and the issues continue with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ellis113 we don't want to lose you! We would love a chance to turn this around. I have sent you a private message to continue.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dawghowse
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel we are in the same boat, no help from Verizon or Motorola. Our contract is up in the near future and we will probably move to someone else. I have never been this disgusted with Verizon about the way they have treated original Droid Turbo owners. I remember the promise of marshmallow and some of those features would really be handy. There are the 3 of us and my brother in laws family also. That would be the loss of seven phones and tablets. I don't believe Verizon really cares same with Motorola.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I remember when Verizon touted (they've since stopped touting Marshmallow on the Turbo) and Moto still is touting the update on their website. The bottom line is VZW and or Motorola should let us know whether or not were going to get the update. They can say something vague like 'were still evaluating the possible update and will let you know when we have an answer' Someone else asked about the update and a bot from VZW support replied with 'whats up with your phone, why are you looking for a software update'? Well, maybe there isn't anything wrong with the phone, maybe we would like to enjoy the additional battery savings with DOZE, or one of the other advantages to the Marshmallow software update...why should we have to be justified to ask about the status of a software update initially promised to us and now silence....? I would be happy if the O.G. Turbo was updated. If VZW decides not to update it, then I will leave their network and go with the network that has the best coverage in my area and get a Google Pixel or a Blackberry Priv. The Priv has been updated to Marshmallow on T-Mobile and AT&T though VZW hasn't updated the Blackberry Priv and is silent and or cagey when asked about it. If VZW would be transparent (something they know little about) about the Turbo or Priv getting the update, I would probably just buy a Priv and stay on VZW, I like hardware keyboards and VZW coverage, but if I have to wait a lot longer, I'll take my business elsewhere. I've been a customer since 2001. Does that mean anything? I don't believe so.....and my contract is up, I have an upgrade available.

cmhjon
Enthusiast - Level 3

At this point, I've given up on this.  If the decision is ultimately made to release Android M for the Turbo, that's great! Smiley Happy  If they decide (or have decided) to abandon it, so be it.

My contract expires in March and I will probably not renew it...and I will never purchase a carrier-exclusive phone ever again.

0 Likes
jeneller_vzw
Verizon Employee

Dawghowse,

Our apologies that you are not satisfied with your device. We would never want this to be a reason you leave. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes