Re: Marshmallow for droid turbo
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola has canceled updates before after they had said the same phone were scheduled for an update. For example, the Droid Ultra, Mini and Maxx models were expected to get the update from KitKat to Lollipop, but after months of silence it was canceled by Motorola. http://m.pocketnow.com/2016/02/19/motorola-droid-ultra-mini-maxx-android-kitkat

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmhjon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just saw the latest 'Android 6 Updates Roundup' from Android Authority dated two days ago and the Turbo is still listed as getting the update.

http://www.androidauthority.com/android-6-0-marshmallow-update-649110/#motorola

This will do for now.

0 Likes
Chidoro43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Difference this time being,  the update us already done.  Now it's Verizon's turn

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola hasn't had the soak test yet. It isn't nowhere done if they haven't completed the soak test.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hear you loud and clear, dudebro. We do  not want you to leave. At the same time we do not have software update information available until it is actually released. 

http://vz.to/1BnSt25

Is there an issue with the current software on your Turbo?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dawghowse
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, Verizon let's try some logic. If you don't have the software update and Motorola hasn't given It to you. I would suggest that you apply some pressure to Lenovo/Motorola to do the update or you could always unlock the bootloader making your customers happy and inturn giving Lenovo/Motorola a black eye for being unnecessarily slow. Just my two cents. Go ahead and push the domino.

0 Likes
Chidoro43
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's like running in a circle.  The global turbo has been available since July. Aside from a couple additional radio bands That phone has,  it's the same thing. In other words,  it's done.  I'm sure they could start a soak this afternoon if allowed to.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are more differences then you think than just the radio bands.

0 Likes
Dawghowse
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just went through all the specs and builds and it just the radios...as far as I was allowed to go.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you go through every line of code in the software and firmware?

0 Likes