Re: Marshmallow for droid turbo
hammerhead13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Basically we can forget Ever Seeing a OTA Marshmallow Update for the Droid Turbo. Especially now there is the Droid Z out. This has VZW to Blame since it was an Exclusive Phone and they obviously did not want to push it out. This Phone is Newer than the Note 4 and it got Marshmallow not too long ago. I am Giving up on my Droid Turbo as I am looking at the Droid Z Force. Not sure if I have Learned my Lesson yet with Carrier Exclusive Phones. I'll Probably get burned on that one too.

0 Likes
Dawghowse
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well as far as I'm concerned this is my last Motorola phone and Verizon if you are listening when my contract is up I will be looking around. I believe we have been lied to by both of you.

Patdio58
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Lied to" is an understatement ! More like "mugged". They will force you into whatever plan that makes them the most money. If you don't do it, then you just pay a higher "Line Access" fee !! Whatever happened to the "discounted price" of a phone, when your two year  contract was up ? Whatever happened to the two year contract ? Whatever happened to Verizon being appreciative towards long time customers. Now we have to pay more than a non customer. They are interested in trapping new customers. With discounted devices, waived fees, etc ! What happened to Verizon ??

hammerhead13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well come End of the yearbi plan on paying off all my phones and leaving Verizon. Im done paying 330/mo for 4 lines with empty promises and an empty wallet. Will switch to another provider where my wallet will no longer be empty. Its been a Rollercoaster 13 years but i wont make it to 14 with VZW.

Dawghowse
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know how you feel! We have been loyal customers since 1996. I don't believe they care if they loose a few customers, they are not what they used to be. Our Droid Turbo phones were flagship phones and we are being treated as if they were bottom of the line! Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Patdio58 wrote:

"Lied to" is an understatement ! More like "mugged". They will force you into whatever plan that makes them the most money. If you don't do it, then you just pay a higher "Line Access" fee !!

Not sure what you mean here. I am still on the More Everything Plan, I was not "forced" into the Verizon Plan and I am not paying a higher line access fee. 4 lines out of contract, $15 line access fee on each line.

Patdio58 wrote:

Whatever happened to the "discounted price" of a phone, when your two year contract was up ? Whatever happened to the two year contract ?

ALL providers are moving away from 2 yr contracts. When you got that "discounted" phone in the past, you paid extra on your service for the next 2 yrs which ended up with a LARGER total cost(service + phone) over that time. You would get a phone with a $450 discount and end up paying $600 MORE for your service. GREAT DEAL! I prefer the way it is now. It cost me LESS.

Patdio58 wrote:

Now we have to pay more than a non customer. They are interested in trapping new customers. With discounted devices, waived fees, etc ! What happened to Verizon ??

I can get the same deals as new customers. Possibly you are not looking in the right place.

rcschnoor
Legend

hammerhead13 wrote:

Im done paying 330/mo for 4 lines with empty promises and an empty wallet. Will switch to another provider where my wallet will no longer be empty.

You should always go with the provider which best suits your needs. I am happy with my 5 lines on Verizon at $167/month.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate our loyal customers and want to make sure that you that you have devices that work the way you need them to every time. Please check our website for software updates:  http://vz.to/2bRQRHX

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hammerhead13
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were on the list to get it but like all VZW Exclusive Phones we get the shaft! We will NEVER see Marshmallow in an OTA. You have a better chance Unlocking the Bootloader and Rooting the Phone and Putting on a Custom Marshmallow Rom than Verizon Releasing a OTA. Now that Nougat is Out forget about it. Personally I changing phones and going to a Non-Exclusive and also I will be Leaving Verizons lies and high prices with it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hammerhead13, 13 years is a long time and we appreciate your loyalty. We want to take a look at your plan options. I am sure we can find away to save you some money. I am sending you a private message so that we can take a look at your plan options.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes