March update renders voice-dialing non-functional
dennis_s_t

With the recent upgrade (really?) to 4.1.2 the voice-dialing function went south.  For example, I can speak (clearly) "...call Pam Chap.....n" and the phone will dial Chris .....berg, or La Mesa Pha.....y, or Dunn-Edward.

What's this all about?  Ready to look into an Apple iPhone5, at least the OS is put together by the same people that mfg the phone.

Looking forward to getting out of the contract and away from VZW!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: March update renders voice-dialing non-functional
procam
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. This latest update is a complete waste.  And now, neither Verizon or Motorola seems to want to help me with it - "you'll have to contact Google for that...."

Here's some more unhappy Verizon / Motorola Droid users...

http://www.android.gs/droid-razr-maxx-update-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean/

0 Likes
MartyMontana
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the same problem.  Start with Verizon as they have the most skin in the game.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there dennis_s_t, I am saddened to hear that you are thinking of leaving us at Verizon Wireless. It seems to me that there is something else that would cause you to think of leaving us and I would like you to bring that to my attention. In the mean time I will continue to trouble shoot your voice dial issue.

One thing I would like you to try is to wipe the cache petition of your phone. To do so please follow the steps below:

1. Wipe the cache partition on the device
a. Power the device off.
b.Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
c.When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
d.Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
e.From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
f.Select wipe cache partition then press the Power button.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate options.
g.Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate options.

After your done, please update us with how the phone is behaving as well as what is truly making you think of disconnecting your services. It just wouldn't be right seeing you go somewhere else.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dennis_s_t

I am surprised that anyone in the customer service section has the unmitigated gall to suggest that there is something other than a total lack of understanding what CUSTOMER SERVICE is would be the reason for leaving Verizon.

You guys just don’t get it.

The first smartphone I had came with the Ice Cream Sandwich OS. When that OS received an update, the same thing happened. Rectifying that problem was a nightmare; Verizon did not want to take ownership of the problem.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Voice dialing worked fine

Received update

Voice dialing went south

Went to local Verizon store

Was told it was the fault of the BT device I was using

Had the BT device replaced

Problem continued

Went to Verizon store

Again told it was BT device

BOUGHT a new BT device

Problem continued

Went to Verizon store

Had phone replaced

Problem continued

Went to Verizon store

Was told there was nothing that could be done

Lodged executive level complaint with Verizon

Phone replaced with different phone.

Surprise, the new device worked well with my BT device

Motorola Razr Maxx

Voice dialing worked fine

Received update to OS 4.1.2

Voice dialing went south

My opinions

Verizon did not verify the functionality of the new voice dialer that was part of the OS upgrade.

Is that in any way representative of good customer service? I would really like this question answered!!!

There are now two voice dialing options on my phone. The one that works is the Motorola product. The one that does not work is the Google product. If Verizon really wants to provide customer service, they will

Find a way to disable/eliminate the non-functioning Google voice dialer product

Ensure that BT devices will invoke the Motorola voice dialing product

Ensure that using the microphone on the dialpad screen invokes the Motorola voice dialer.

This would exemplify customer service. Can you (meaning Verizon) do that? If so, there might be a reason to stay with Verizon.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes