MMS Problem
dontwanna

I have started having a problem with sending text messages with pics attached. As long as there is no pic they send fine. It doesn't matter if I'm on WI-FI or 4G it's the same. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there dontwanna,

I am very sorry that you are having trouble sharing your pictures with your friends and family. I know that you have a great camera on the phone so I understand wanting to be able to use it completely.

I would like to ask, what is the file size you are trying to send? Also, are you using the native messaging application or a third party application that you downloaded? You can resort to sending them via e-mail, but I understand also wanting to send via message. Please try different photos (ones from the browser, ones that you have received from others, ones that you have taken) and see if one or any of them work.

It is correct that the picture messages will not send over wi-fi because it does need to connect to our network to send. How many bars do you have and where are you located when they are not going through?

Please let us know if you need any assistance further!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are on wifi they won't send if they have pics attached.  Not sure what the issue might be if you are on 4G.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's the Picture Size Change the size of the Picture you Take then try sending it. This happened to me back when i was still using my Droid X i was trying to send a Picture it was to big and it Refuse to Send it i change the Setting in my phone to a lower size i think i used 6 Megapixel instead of 8 and it accepted it.. So give that a Try and see if that Works..b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
patcake
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  I used to be able to send photos in text messages, now I can't.  I have tried with and without wi-fi.  I attach the photo -- which I manually made a lot smaller (42 KB) -- it tells me the photo is too big so it resizes it again supposedly, and then the message pops up  that says, "Message size limit reached.  Sorry, you cannot add this picture to your message."  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Yes what is the deal? I used to be able to send pics and vids with no problems now very few are ever viewed by people I send too

0 Likes
B33
Legend

bulldog what do you have your picture's settings set on 6 or 8 megapixel ?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

why not on wi-fi?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

send the pics thru email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there dontwanna,

I am very sorry that you are having trouble sharing your pictures with your friends and family. I know that you have a great camera on the phone so I understand wanting to be able to use it completely.

I would like to ask, what is the file size you are trying to send? Also, are you using the native messaging application or a third party application that you downloaded? You can resort to sending them via e-mail, but I understand also wanting to send via message. Please try different photos (ones from the browser, ones that you have received from others, ones that you have taken) and see if one or any of them work.

It is correct that the picture messages will not send over wi-fi because it does need to connect to our network to send. How many bars do you have and where are you located when they are not going through?

Please let us know if you need any assistance further!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes