Love jelly bean, but where's my timer?
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

My phone runs much smoother with improved battery life, but I run the stock clock on my maxx which in GB and ICS had a timer function and alarm clock when you tapped the clock widget. Did they get rid of the timer in JB because I can't find it.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Love jelly bean, but where's my timer?
dabernathy89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm wondering the same thing. It seems like an oversight - we did not get the version of the Clock app that is supposed to come with Jelly Bean: http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/

EDIT: see other posts in this thread - timer and stopwatch weren't added till 4.2, new Razr update is 4.1.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

I see the clock with alarm, but I don't see a timer.  You might need an app for that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I remember the change log correctly, Motorola replaced the customized Motorola clock app with the stock Android app version. The stock clock doesn't have a timer. You will have to get a third party application from the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dabernathy89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm wondering the same thing. It seems like an oversight - we did not get the version of the Clock app that is supposed to come with Jelly Bean: http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/

EDIT: see other posts in this thread - timer and stopwatch weren't added till 4.2, new Razr update is 4.1.

0 Likes
Not applicable

See the post above your post.

0 Likes
dabernathy89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorola replaced the customized Motorola clock app with the stock Android app version

But that's not true. The stock clock in Jelly Bean is supposed to have a timer and stopwatch.

0 Likes
Not applicable

But is doesn't.  You'll have to download an app if you want that.

0 Likes
dabernathy89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think that's clear - my point is that this was a mistake. Stock Android is supposed to have those features, and whether on accident or on purpose, it was stripped out of the JB update for the Razr family. Which is not cool.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It doesn't matter.  It's not there.  If you want that feature, you'll have to download an app that has it.  Talking about it here does not put it on your phone.  This forum is about solutions, not complaining.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dabernathy89 wrote:

Motorola replaced the customized Motorola clock app with the stock Android app version

But that's not true. The stock clock in Jelly Bean is supposed to have a timer and stopwatch.

I have the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. the clock app on it only has alarms.  It doesn't have a timer or stopwatch.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes