Lots of problems.
Menacewithin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this phone since April and the problems just keep tacking on. First, the issue of receiving MMS. I have to send out an MMS and then it amazingly downloads the other MMS (before I figured this out it was super annoying, but still annoying that I have to workaround the problem)

Also, my keyboard keeps freezing up when I type. It will just close down the keyboard and I'll tap to bring it back and sometimes it won't. Even if I bring it to the home screen, or shut the screen off, it may/may not return and requires a power down.

To be honest all these problems occurred after the ICS update and I don't know how to go backwards, but I'd rather keep the new update and have my issues fixed as well! I have recently reset the phone and it still does it. I've cleared the caches and it still does it. I don't have anything on the phone. No apps, etc.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lots of problems.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Menacewithin,

That’s not good! We all rely on our phone to stay connected so I definitely understand your concern. But don’t worry because I’m here to help!

You mentioned that all these issues began after the software update. It is recommended to perform a hard reset http://bit.ly/tQ0nkT after an update this large.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Menacewithin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did do a hard set and still had the issues.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds like you need a replacement device to me!

0 Likes
Menacewithin
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's an even bigger hassle and I'd rather not. I'll just deal with it.

0 Likes
Menacewithin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another problem I forgot to mention is along with the keyboard freezing up/not working on occasion the haptic feedback also goes in and out. I've used a Otter Box since purchase of the phone so the phone itself is in excellent condition just a lot of software bugs apparently. Any idea of how to go back to Gingerbread and get rid of Ice cream sandwich?

0 Likes