Lost Razr 3 months ago, found it... Now what?
jboyd92

I lost my droid razr 3 months ago.  After a few days of looking for it I said screw it and filed a lost claim.  Now I found it.  What do I do with it other than use it as a paper weight?

I thought since I have had my replacement for quite a while that I could just sell it but I don't want anyone to get in trouble since it's probably still linked to my account some how.  Anyone ever experience this?

By the way, this is not the first time this has happened to me...  I have a bad habit of losing stuff, including phones.  House handsets as well.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lost Razr 3 months ago, found it... Now what?
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

Call Verizon so they can take it off the black list.  Once the ESN is clear, you can then sell it on Ebay for a good price.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Doubt that will work.  It's technically property of Asurion now. 

0 Likes
jboyd92

But it also said in the paperwork that I only had to return it if I found it within 10 days.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

hmmm...well call Verizon as suggested above. Only thing they can do is ask you to return it.  May want to just keep it if you lose stuff like you say.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jboyd92, I'm glad to hear that you found your phone. You recoup some of your replacement costs! jboyd92, you certainly have the option to sell your device; however, contact us first so that we can remove it from the stolen/lost list. If the phone is sold without completing this step, the buyer would be unable to activate the device. Have a great day!

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes