Lost Navigation App/Icon Following Update
JeffreyLee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I routinely use the Navigation App that came preinstalled on my Razr M (it's the blue upward "arrow" icon on the home screen) as my starting place for using the GPS on my phone. Unfortunately, after a routine set of app updates the little blue Navigation arrow disappeared and I am unable to find any way to reinstall it. I can use the GPS using Google Maps, but the interface isn't as slick as the original Navigation, doesn't have recent locations or home listed, etc. Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost Navigation App/Icon Following Update
JeffreyLee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind . . . I see that Google just got rid of the Navigation Icon and moved everything right into Maps. Bad move on their part. Lost lots of ease of use and functionality. It would be nice if they actually gave us an option to keep the old way that was working just fine for many of us.

Jeff

View solution in original post

JeffreyLee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind . . . I see that Google just got rid of the Navigation Icon and moved everything right into Maps. Bad move on their part. Lost lots of ease of use and functionality. It would be nice if they actually gave us an option to keep the old way that was working just fine for many of us.

Jeff

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I actually prefer it the current way.  I can also access my navigation through Google Now or the Search bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes