Re: Lost Bluetooth MAP protocol with Jellybean Update - HELP!
ozzy6900

Got an update on my Razr on July 16 to System Version 9.18.79.XT926, Android version 4.1.2 and MAP seems to be working with my Altima now. I had to delete the Razr in the Altima then re-pair it. For 2 days, I am able to receive and send text messages!

0 Likes
rskater
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been on line and phone with tech support trying to get MAP back on my phone.  No success!  When I check for updates it tells me my phone is up to date.  Still no connections with my Garmin Nuvi GPS.  The gps keeps asking on my phone for Permission to connect to MAP.  I hit OK, but no MAP for it to connect to.  It all worked before the updates from Verizon.  Now its time for Google/Verizon to step up to the plate and correct this problem.  I want MAP back on my phone.

rskater
Enthusiast - Level 1

my system version differ.  showing 98.72.16.XT912.  android version 4.1.2      Reply to original post   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details rskater! We want to get your bluetooth to work as it should. Have you tried to connect to other compatible Bluetooths after the update? Did you try to remove the Bluetooth connection and establish a new one? Please provide the details needed so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tempodan

I hope that you all have realized that it is an Jelly Bean/Ice Cream Sandwich issue, it's just more pronounced with Motorola because prior to Ice Cream Sandwich, Motorola developed their own Bluetooth protocol handling, but now it is sourced by Google, who either intentionally or unintentionally didn't include it in Jelly Bean/Ice Cream Sandwich.  'tis a crying shame, IMHO.  The scary thing is, I just qualified for an upgrade, and I see that the new Droid Razr Ultra Maxx has MAP listed in the specs sheet, but I'm very very leery that it actually contains it.  Any chance anyone in support can do their due diligence and maybe ask some higher ups if Google fixed/included the MAP profile in Android v4.2 or higher?

It isn't a phone pairing issue, as we are all (for the most part) able to connect our phones to the bluetooth in our car, and use the phone calling features and music features, but the safe texting option doesn't work because the phones don't have the correct programming language to send to the cars anymore, when they used to have them in prior versions of Android.

This feature is being advertised in many different places, whether it is the auto manufacturer or phone companies, but the feature no longer works, and is deceptive and misleading to advertise as such.  Please escalate this so that the basic coding of including that bluetooth profile is included into the phones that we were told would include the feature when we purchased them.

0 Likes
VerizonDroidUser

<< Duplicate post removed to comply with .  View original post >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
McSweede
Enthusiast - Level 2

So no update on this still I am guessing?  I have the exact same issues with my Bionic.  JB took away a feature that was part of the phone when I bought it!!!  No one is doing a single thing to fix this, not VZW, not Moto, not Google.  I am so fed up with all 3 of them and the lack of any responsibility for essentially downgrading the phone I bought with my hard earned money.  WHERE IS THE SOLUTION ALREADY!!!   Someone needs to get their head out of you know where and do something already!  I have tried every support possible, yet I still sit with this phone now.  And yes I have tried everything, pairing, deleting, factory reset, nada on all account.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
VerizonDroidUser

Check my link above, that the moderator linked for us(this thread).  You have to call Motorola and get to Level 3 support. They will REPLACE your phone. This is a hardware issue to which they can not, or are not, going to fix. Motorola is replacing my phone, but, not until after I emailed them a letter via their contact us link.  This is NOT a Verizon issue, it is a hardware issue and is a direct result of the Google/Motorola merger.  In JellyBean, they pushed a Bluetooth stack to some Motorola devices in which does NOT support MAP on those particular pieces of hardware.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
McSweede
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that before, will try again one last time, not feeling very confident in Moto whatsoever.

0 Likes
McSweede
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, tried that, getting nothing but run around and everyone passing me on to someone else.  I will say this, never will buy a Mototola product again, that is 100% certain.  Overall, I am rather annoyed at all 3 parties, Moto, Google, and Verizon.  No one is even making the slightest attempt to make this right, and it disgusts me.  All the years I have been a VZW customer, all the Droids I have had, and they all could care less. 

0 Likes