Looking for a Reminder App?
kenaz

Beginning to enjoy the Razr Maxx - bountyful features!  One thing I was hoping to find was a way to have the phone send a Tone or Vibrate when it has received a new Voicemail; or email for that matter.

Coming from a Blackberry, there was a program called Be Buzz which could Tone or Vibrate at prescribed intervals after a message was received.  Since I don't have the phone attached to my hip, it is handy to have the phone let you know you have a message rather than to have to go look to see if someone left a message. 

Is there such an animal for the Android operating system?  Other than that it seems like a great phone!!

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Looking for a Reminder App?
louisagresti
Enthusiast - Level 3

It does go into the settings, sounds and select a notification sound.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Handcent is what I use. You can choose the reminder tone, how often the reminder, and how many reminders do you want.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Missed Call or Light Flow are some additional options for repeated reminders of waiting messages of any kind. They are applications in the Play Store along with many other similar applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

I like to stick with the OEM stuff as well. Apps mean storage used and resources allocated (and not all apps are optimized for ICS yet). BUT, sometimes, the OEM feature isn't sufficient (maybe hard of hearing, noisy environment, or color blind).

I used to have my phone vibrate when a new notification came through. When ICS came in, the default must have disabled it and I didn't even notice it for days. Now I actually prefer to just glance at the phone and see if the light is blinking. That could be a power drain but I'm willing to live with that one.

Bottom line - like Louis says, play with your settings and see if they can meet your needs.

0 Likes
equicor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Louis but I'm actually looking for something to give reminder tones AFTER a call has come in and left a message too Voice mail.  Something which will give a tone on some prescribed schedule say, every 5, 10 15, 30 minutes1.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would like to add what Ann Mentioned i use Light flow and it works great and the New UI in it Well i'll just say this light flow Dressed it up Very Nicely So you might give it a look and a Try.. if you like what you see.b33

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite&feature=searc...

L.F..jpg

0 Likes
equicor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you all for the great suggestions.  I tried them all and ended up (for now) with Missed Call. Handcent seems quite popular but perhaps does so much more than I need right now.

At any rate, when I miss a call, I now get a reminder tone!

Thanks to All for the suggestions!

B33
Legend

It's a Good App.!  Your Welcome b33

0 Likes