Lollipop
Brexxie

Does anyone know when Lollipop is going to be OTA pushed to the Motorola Droid Maxx?  Every google search i do it keeps coming up with the exact same thing....Soon.  Can anyone fill me in on a more definite date?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brexxie,

We love to provide you with dates regarding the update but do not have that information at this time.  Please feel free to stay up to date by signing up for our email dates http://bit.ly/dDumph .

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

October 29, 2015 was the last update, and was Lollipop.  If you are still running KitKat, you need to stop by a store or call Verizon, or contact Motorola for assistance.  Any further update is questionable after LP, despite what Moto's software page states about future updates.

0 Likes
pruettsound
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just stumbled upon this this morning on the Motorola website: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949#gs=

For our DROID Ultra/Maxx/Mini users on Verizon:

We apologize that we will not be upgrading DROID Ultra/Mini/Maxx to Android Lollipop, as we had hoped. We know how important software upgrades are to our customers, and we're very sorry that we were unable to follow through in this case.

We would like to offer something to people who purchased this device.

Please click here for more details.

We know that some of our DROID Ultra/Mini/Maxx users will still be disappointed, but we hope that this helps to make amends.

You may notice that the link for "more details" is broken and I have contacted Motorola on chat and voice to figure out what they are offering, but no one seems to know anything about this. Sadly, their first response was contrary to their site saying Lollipop was going to roll out to the Droid Maxx.

They didn't have any answers but are going to contact the group that manages the website to find out what this offer is supposed to be and get back to me later today. I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
john0647
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a lengthy chat with "Karla" from the motorola site who insists that they are still expecting the upgrade, despite the fact that the landing page says differently. The chat was most unhelpful and unsatisfying.

john0647
Enthusiast - Level 2

the post about not upgrading has been removed from the motorola site

0 Likes
pruettsound
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks John. It looks like it has been taken off the site (I did screenshot the original though) and now when I use the pull down menus for my device (also a Droid Maxx) it says that it will be upgraded to Lollipop pending partner support.

So Motorola has had time to update the site but not call me back like they said they would. I'll update if I hear anything.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I kinda figured that update wasn't going to come since Verizon already released 2 turbos and a maxx 2 since the maxx 1and M is already out for some flagships.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.