Lollipop
wyosue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lollipop is a joke. I am so sorry I updated last night. I have the Droid Turbo and they have messed up the email AGAIN so bad it takes forever to delete emails.With my Droid MAXX I could Select All and delete them all at the same time. I am so sorry that I traded my MAXX for this Turbo. This is for my generic email account not my gmail account (which I NEVER use).  Also they have added a Starred folder that cannot be removed and if I accidentally mark an email Starred it is in the phone FOREVER. They have removed the Refresh feature and added a red pencil in the lower right hand corner.

Also to turn the phone on I have always hit the button on the side then swiped the screen from left to right to open the phone (I hope that makes sense). Now they have a phone symbol in the lower left corner so the phone goes to my contact list each time--and by the way the setup on that keeps changing. I did find out last night by accident that I now have to swipe from bottom to top to get it to open the way it used to.

I was on Chat for a long time last night with Motorola and basically she told me for my email it is the fault of my carrier (RT Communications) which is not true. Why can't they admit errors in the programs? She did say that Lollipop was developed by Google--well as far as I am concerned they need to go back to the "Drawing Board".

I am so sorry this is so long but does anyone have suggestions on how to correct this MESS???

Thanks,

Sue from Wyoming

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lollipop
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't you unstar the emails? Can you try removing the email account from the phone and adding it back again?

Does picking up the phone or waving a hand over not work to turn on the screen with the lock screen?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wyosue,

Software updates are made to improve the experience with your device and enhance its capabilities, not cause issues with it. I'm sorry to learn of the difficulty you're having since the update. I can certainly assist with your inquiry. The starred email feature is on all Droid devices now and has been available since the second KitKat OS enhancement for Droids via the stock Email application. I also use the Droid Turbo but I'm still running KitKat 4.4.4 and use the starred feature to mark certain emails as priority so that I don't mistakenly delete them. You are supposed to be able to delete these messages however from within the Starred folder when you swipe them from right to left or press and hold down on the email message and then press on the trashcan to delete it. Since this is not happening, I'd definitely go into Settings>Apps>swipe over to all Apps and then scroll down to Email and clear the data. This will allow you to set the email up again and then once you mark an email as starred and go into that folder to delete it, you should see it disappear when clicking on the 3 lines in the upper left hand corner of your Email app to view the Inbox and All Folders. The issue with it not deleting does signify an issue within the application itself and setting it back up typically removes that issue.

The lock screen has changed for all devices running Lollipop but you are correct swiping from bottom to top will open it up the way it did before when swiping from the center lock right to left on the former KitKat OS.

Hope this information helps.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wyosue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154, thanks for your reply. It has taken me 20 minutes to find where I could reply to this message. I can usually figure things out but this phone is making me CRAZY. I have tried everything you have suggested and it does not work to delete the emails (they say deleted but are back again) or the Starred Folder. I have figured out a few things but still not happy with this update. Thanks, Sue

0 Likes
wyosue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried everything and nothing will deleted the starred emails and I have set up email so many times that I don't think I should have to do it again. Why can't things be made easy to operate? I am so frustrated with this phone that I wish I had my old phone back but according to you if I had to update my Droid MAXX the same Starred Folder would be there, correct? Last night I chatted with a lady from Motorola and she said I could not undo the Lollipop update, is that correct?

Thanks,

Sue

0 Likes
wyosue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switchback700

I got an email about your reply to my problem but when I clicked on it I got a message saying NOT FOUND!!!! What is that all about????

Sue

0 Likes
wyosue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to reply to Switchback700 and it is not working. I do not even see the message here. What is going on?

I got an email about your reply to my problem but when I clicked on it I got a message saying NOT FOUND!!!! What is that all about????

Sue

0 Likes
Switchback700
Enthusiast - Level 1

Relax there Sue.... I had posted about Lollipop trashing my LG G2..... but my privacy settings weren't right so I deleted it..