Lollipop coming June 10?
CMHScott
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Lollipop coming June 10?
kld2009

I truly hope the original Moto X gets that update also. Weeks & months of waiting. Even though it may cause my phone problems at least if its sometime before the end of this year I'll still be under warranty.

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

Hoping it will resolve at least some of the issues I have, but after six months I have "we'll see" attitude.  This has soured me to the point I'll never buy another Motorola.

st0icr4ven

I had a htc one m8(windows) and i went to upgrade on the edge program.  I told the sales clerk i wanted the Nexus 6 and i got something about "you're only eligible for the Apple 5 (screw that garbage) or the Droid Turbo".  I then asked the sales clerk if Droid Turbo has/will run Android 5.0 and he assured me it would.........that was back in March and my LG 8.3 tablet has lollipop and my Droid Turbo is still without........very not happy.

0 Likes
D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

I've seen this on multiple websites, but where did this info come from? Is the info reliable or a w a g?

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

A motorola software engineer was quoted in a couple articles I read.  What caught my eye was his remark that users shouldn't expect it to be bug free.  This after skipping 5.0 because it had bugs.  I wonder if he works in the political division of motorola?

D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

I saw where the engineer said it was coming in the future, but didn't see where he said June 10th anywhere.

It is a PR mistake, but as a software developer I understand his statement to mean "nothing is ever bug free but its better than before", which is true. You are using abstractions on top of abstractions and have millions of states once you add inputs and outputs. You do your best and test for everything you can think of, but nothing can ever been guaranteed to be 100% bug free. I'm sure Motorola would've rather him to say, " yea, its bug free" though 🙂

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

I've never expected any software to be bug free,  but to leave folks hanging for seven months just to provide different bugs... Smacks of an issue someone did not want made public. 

If the same engineers that built 5.0 are responsible for 5.1,  why expect anything different?

D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

I agree.

0 Likes
D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone got it yet? We will see if today was for real or another make believe story.

0 Likes