Lollipop 5.1
Don3680
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where is it Verizon? Someone lied and sent out false press release? If its not released by midnight tonight can the droid turbo owners get 3 months unlimited data free for lying to your customers? I love my phone, I don't want Nexus or any other phone I just hate being lied to and wish Verizon would deliver.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop 5.1
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola went on record that the Droid turbo is moving to 5.1. They dropped working on 5.0 as Google said memory management buy was real and Motorola devices that were upgraded(all 5.0.X devices really) were affected by it. If people didn't notice it and they got lucky in the draw and got low priority systems stuck.

Motorola hasn't done any soak testing for 5.1 on the turbo from what I have seen/heard. That means Motorola is still working on it and hasn't submitted anything to Verizon.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

This is what your reply will look like:

"We get really excited about updates that enhance the features and fun too, Don3680.  While we don't have any information concerning an update for your device, please stay tuned to this page for exciting news about updates."

Software Update: Droid Turbo by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you upset that you didn't get the 5.0 lollipop? You wanted to be included in the insanely bug filled update? You're lucky you stayed on KitKat. Be Happy.

Snn5
Legend

Not everyone had issues with 5.0 or 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 and 5.1 is supposed to be a lot better in regards to quality control.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I didn't say everyone did.

0 Likes
Don3680
Enthusiast - Level 3

I probably am lucky, just got this phone 3 days ago this is the best phone

I've ever had, I'm hoping this new update would make it better.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You're in the best boat in my opinion, unless we jump forward 2 weeks from now and you're also having crazy issues. Then you'll just be in the same boat as a lot of other folks.

anniek
Enthusiast - Level 3

what a bunch of nonsense (I'm censoring myself).

When I bought this phone last November, I was told that it had a 48 hour standby time on battery (it doesn't), and that it would be upgraded to lollipop any day.

The battery lasts nowhere near 48 hours, there is no lollipop in sight.

Sprint is starting to look really good.

This is nonsense, Verizon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola went on record that the Droid turbo is moving to 5.1. They dropped working on 5.0 as Google said memory management buy was real and Motorola devices that were upgraded(all 5.0.X devices really) were affected by it. If people didn't notice it and they got lucky in the draw and got low priority systems stuck.

Motorola hasn't done any soak testing for 5.1 on the turbo from what I have seen/heard. That means Motorola is still working on it and hasn't submitted anything to Verizon.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

anniek, do you get 4G service or 3G service usually?

0 Likes