Latest Update BREAKS Mobile HotSpot 21.44.8.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US
hollywoodfrodo

After taking the latest update Mobile HotSpot no longer works.  I use hotspot every time I'm in my car because I have a 7" Tablet I use as my car infotainment system.  After taking the update on Friday, mobile HotSpot no longer works.  It "turns on" and my tablet (or any other device) can connect to it but no date is sent to/from the connection.  Eventually my tablet gives me the message "Droid Turbo has bad internet connection. Switch to different WiFi?"

I posted in Moto Forums and someone there spoke to a Verizon Rep who gave him a crazy method of turning on/off/on mobile hotspot, changing the name/password. Turning off/on/off again, then restarting the phone.  I tried that. It worked the very next time I used it, but once I disconnected then reconnected it went back to not working again.

This is ridiculous since I paid for a phone with Mobile HotSpot and pay Verizon for the ability to use my data as a mobile HotSpot.  At any rate, I would recommend NOT taking this update, but wait for the next one which better come quickly and better fix this issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Latest Update BREAKS Mobile HotSpot 21.44.8.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I had the same issue after the update where my old SSID and password wouldn't work after the update.  I just went back into the hotspot settings and changed the default username (it had the XT.....default ID back in there) back to my usual SSID, then erased the entire password and put my password back in and then saved it.  It has worked fine again since this.

View solution in original post

Re: Latest Update BREAKS Mobile HotSpot 21.44.8.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I had the same issue after the update where my old SSID and password wouldn't work after the update.  I just went back into the hotspot settings and changed the default username (it had the XT.....default ID back in there) back to my usual SSID, then erased the entire password and put my password back in and then saved it.  It has worked fine again since this.