Kitkat 4.4 Update for Maxx
jj04
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am thoroughly convinced this is the same update from last year, even though I just got the notification to update on 1/15/14. This is the worst update I have seen. Here is a list of issues I've seen so far:

1. Battery life has deteriorated. Something must be running in the background that reduces its life by about 40-50%.
  2. Chrome isn't as fast as before. Verizon Protect constantly throws out red flags on all web sites. When tapping to continue anyway, it locks up.
  3. When launching Chrome, it has display problems when going to a website - the screen just turns black. It's resolved, though, if you just pan the screen up or down.
  4. The phone gets hot randomly. Again, something is running in the background.
  5. MMS/picture messaging does not work. Must be tied to the whole combination of all messaging in the Hangouts app.

In my opinion, the Verizon Protect app is causing issues 1, 2, and 4. When I disabled SiteAdvisor, issue 2 seems to be better.

Overall, I am not happy with this update and discourage all users from updating to this version.

Verizon - is it possible to revert back to the previous software version?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Kitkat 4.4 Update for Maxx
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jj04 wrote:

Verizon - is it possible to revert back to the previous software version?

There is no official method to revert to a previous OS version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes