Re: KitKat Upgrade is horrible for Droid RAZR Maxx HD - Major issues - Horrible testing
David7861
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you checked out my post with the link.

In the thread I stated I called and told them I wanted a new phone with an old android version.

After being persistent foe a few minutes. I also tools then I do not have an email. Told them they could print out the return label. Stick it in the box and mail it to me.

Large companies like to say they can't do this and that. Even though they can.

They like people that just say whatever. I'm only one person. What could I do.

You tell them no enough. You'll get what you want.

0 Likes
Re: KitKat Upgrade is horrible for Droid RAZR Maxx HD - Major issues - Horrible testing
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I'd rather get out of my contract than get a RAZR HD with the old build.

1) it's not my phone. It's my mom's. I got it for her last year and put her on my account.

2) if it was my phone I'd use the exploit, unlock boot, and install CM

I'm just fed up with Verizon. I'm fed up enough to give up my two lines of unlimited data and the other lines I have for my mom and step dad and go with Cricket or Straight Talk

0 Likes
David7861
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the contract. Is Verizon supposed to provide a working phone.

If you do not have a working phone. That is a breach of contract.

Terminate the contract and move on.

Read my msgs. I posted a link to my thread. I posted a way to get a new phone.

Be persistent.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

rustyRazr
  1. KitKat was installed without my consent
  2. Google Voice activated input seems to have disappeared
  3. Waze has a hard time finding the GPS
  4. Waze is no longer able to calculate a list of nearby low priced gas stations (via Navigation Menu)
  5. Updated applications say they can be loaded to the SD card but no way to do so seems available

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Got the new RAZR HD and it doesn't work either. Going to wait a few days before I call in and start this all over.

0 Likes
David7861
Enthusiast - Level 3

If its a new phone you do have the option to turn it in within 30 days.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

It was a refurbished. It's in worse shape than the one that was sent back. When ever opening the stock email app a text messaging error pops up and the phone goes all crazy. Of course Verizon's solution is get another RAZR HD or join the Edge program.

I've had it with Verizon.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Well after fighting with Verizon they've agreed to let me "upgrade" my phone without changing the plan. Since it's my moms line I'm fine with that. Here work will reimburse her $50.00 to buy a phone. So not the solution I wanted but it's acceptable.

0 Likes
stupidphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kit kat sucks.. I have to constantly charge my battery. I would roll back this update in a heartbeat. This may lead to me actually buying an iPhone

0 Likes
Power10
Enthusiast - Level 2

take the issue up with Moto directly. They may be more inclined to get you

a replacement phone that isnt the horrid MAXX Headache HD. Be persistient

and you may need to accept a direct swap and then have it changed out a

second time.

BY the way, on mine, i wasnt able to use the mic like many of you. God

forbid you need to dial 911, you better pray that your bluetooth is

working.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM, stupidphone <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes