Re: KitKat Upgrade is horrible for Droid RAZR Maxx HD - Major issues - Horrible testing
NickT88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having all of these issues and then some. I've been more than patient for about a month, after the update force-downloaded on me while I was on vacation (no wifi download as it's set up to do...) After I got home and eventually installed the update, Everything seemed different. All symptoms you state, and then some.

The battery life went from great to HORRIBLE. I've never had to charge my phone at work (10 hour shifts) and I would constantly use Pandora and other online radio's while also text, making calls, and checking email and social media on my breaks. Now I have to charge it half way in to the night if I use it like that.

Now when I use Google Maps to navigate anywhere, it KILLS my battery life, has froze up on me twice, and it gets at least as hot as those dry chemical compound hand warmers. I normally can't keep it in my pocket afterwords because it is so uncomfortably hot.

If I run more than one app at once (ei: Spotify & Bodyspace), it will freeze and I eventually have to do a hard reset.

This is just my opinion, but you suggest putting it in safe mode and other say to download different apps that work. Well We shouldn't have to change the way our phone should normally function and we definitely shouldn't have to download other process-leeching apps to make it work how it used to. Either fix the issues so many people have addressed, roll back the update, or give us an early upgrade so a new phone.

Verizon are the ones who gave this update their good graces to release to us and it should be their responsibility to make sure their customers are getting what they pay for. I switch from AT&T because of all of the praising I heard from my friends. After about a year, they aren't looking so hot.

Re: KitKat Upgrade is horrible for Droid RAZR Maxx HD - Major issues - Horrible testing
Runaround123456
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW, I keep getting the runaround on this issue. Called Verizon 6 times. Verizon says it's the first time they have heard of the issue..... laughable...I told them to look on this site and read about it then. They have now sent me to Motorola to talk with Motorola. SURPRISE!! They don't know anything about the issues either!. I just want to know if they are going to fix it. As I was writing this, I just was told by Motorola that it's Verizon's issue, the software has nothing to do with it. Really sad. I can see why people hack their phones to gain control of what these companies do. Both, companies are pathetic.

David7861
Enthusiast - Level 3

@everyone.

Read my post. 3 posts up from here.

Make sure to comment/like my post to keep it active.

Keep it at the top.

Tell them you want a new phone or your leaving. You signed a contract for a working phone.

Your phone doesn't work. That's a

Breach of contract!!!

I get the msg about updating about every 3 days or so.

It shows when I unlock the phone.

When sending text or just doing normal things. I haven't seen it.

Although I am always on the watch for it and ready to shut the power off if I accidently update it.

By the way. Customer service for Motorola is not in the US.

The only thing they can do is read the screen.

They don't know how to think.

I will be leaving Verizon shortly.

Once I get a few hrs of free time to go into another providers store and look around I'll be gone.

pdeck

For everyone that wants swipe back, download the Google keyboard. It looks like the Android one but swipes

0 Likes
RussellH
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problems on my Razr Maxx HD, including messages about Amazon Kindle stopping unexpectedly (not using it). Not insanely hot, but hot enough that I have frequently turned it off to be safe. Battery rarely lasts more than 8 hours now without recharge. Used to last 1-2 days. My wife is having similar issues on her Razr M

I am not a happy camper.

stef7
Master - Level 2

RusselH, did you back up information from your phone that you don't want to lose (pictures, MP3s, ringtones, videos, downloaded files, etc), perhaps copy down your most critical contacts, also your email settings and any other settings really important to you and proceed to perform a Factory Data Reset? Then give the unit 3 charge cycles to model the battery consumption more accurately.

In addition to that, I would try going into Settings, Tethering and Networks, Mobile networks, System select and choose LTE/CDMA over Global. I might try Settings, WiFi, then pressing Menu Key, and select Advanced Wi-Fi, and de-select Scanning always available, also de-select Wi-Fi signal weak, but select Battery saving for Wi-Fi. You might try Settings, Location, Mode, Battery Saving over High-Accuracy (unless you need to use GPS).

HTH

Power10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use the phone for business also  and have had major issues since the update.

Can't use Bluetooth and WiFi at the same time

4g reception is terrible and I normally had 4 bars indoors,  barely get 1 now.

Text messaging is painfully slow even after reset by vzw support. Messages occasionally don't go through at all.

sync of my corporate mail and Gmail  don't happen over cellular as messages are supposed to arrive.

The update was supposed to improve the phone,  not destroy the core functionally of the unit. All Verizon has suggested was to buy a new phone which is not a sensible solution.

I hope you can help because I'm not the only one here with an isolated  issue.  This is a failure across the board.

0 Likes
Power10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same issues here.  Worst of all, can't use the mic on the handset without a Bluetooth headset.

God forbid I have to make a 911 call,  no one will hear me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Power10

You are correct, software updates are intended to provide customers a better wireless experience, not worse.  I would love to assist you with your device issues.

Due to the size of the update, these types of device symptoms are common after a software update.  I recommend hard resetting your device http://vz.to/SUMj6m to allow it to load all of your applications and settings afresh.  Please let me know how the device responds after the reset.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Power10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done hard reset and cleared the cache several times before.

It's not a problem of update gremlins but shoddy quality control or rather

the entire lack thereof.

By the way, someone better get back into the office and write a patch to

fix the no mic issue before someone needs to dial 911. Otherwise you'll

have attorneys and the FCC knocking at your door.

On Jul 7, 2014 10:39 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <