Keep getting damaged SD card. tried new one - same message
reagent

Both my wife and I have the same phone - Motorola Droid Razr M.  Neither phone recognizes the MicroSD card.  In checking "storage" it doesn't show any space on SD card.  At times it will say "SD card damaged".  I've re-formatted, but it still does the same.  I finally bought a new SD card, but as soon as I put it in, it said the SD card was damaged.  I tried reformatting on computer, but that didn't solve the problem either.  Since it's happening on both phones, I suspect it's the phones, not the SD cards.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Keep getting damaged SD card. tried new one - same message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reagent,

Memory cards are a great way to expand your phone capabilities, but let's check this out. What size MicroSD are you using in the phones?

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reagent

16G.  It's the smallest one I could find.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we figure out this mystery, reagent.  We do want to narrow down the issue to make sure if it’s the card or device.  The best way to check is try placing the SD card in a completely different smartphone to see what happens.  Usually if you place it in another phone and it works then it may definitely be phone related if it stops working when you put it in your device.  Do you know of any physical or liquid damage that you can tell on the devices?

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reagent

I have to think it's the devices since we have the same problem with both phones and different SD cards, and even got the same message with a new SD card.  I used the adapter that came with the new SD card to attach the current SD card in my phone into my laptop, and it didn't detect any problems with the card.

I'm wondering if this is an incessant problem with the RAZR M, or if a Droid software update could have caused the problem. But you guys are the experts.  I'm just trying to be logical.  Not necessarily always a good thing.

Mike

0 Likes