Just trying to make a call -
kg57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay - so I'm not the best Techie on Planet Earth - but I was able to stop the old phone - upgrade to the Droid Razor Max - used it for two days successfully and now anytime I attempt to make a call - all I get is the message "mobil network not available"        Okay - so what button did I accidentally hit - or what is the SECRET CODE to get this thing to work right?   PLEEEZE HELP!

KG57

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Just trying to make a call -
kg57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured it out. . . . . I kept trying to call out - and looked through Settings - Mobil networks . . . . changed them and changed them back because nothing was working - went to make another call just for the heck of it. . .and a message came up that I needed to insert the SIM card.   I knew I had one already in - but then decided to open and look at - and put it back in.  I pulled the removal tool that came with the phone and the little folded box in came in had instructions for insertion - and said to make sure to put the cards in gently until it 'clicks'.    

MY CARD HAD DISLODGED ITSELF - and I did not drop the phone or abuse it - or bang it accidentally - NOTHING!   It had worked it's way loose and the message that continually came up was "Mobil Network Not Available" with no hint that something was wrong with the hardware in my hand.

THANKS for whoever is taking the time reading these - but I'm offering this up in case someone else has the same experience.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kg57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured it out. . . . . I kept trying to call out - and looked through Settings - Mobil networks . . . . changed them and changed them back because nothing was working - went to make another call just for the heck of it. . .and a message came up that I needed to insert the SIM card.   I knew I had one already in - but then decided to open and look at - and put it back in.  I pulled the removal tool that came with the phone and the little folded box in came in had instructions for insertion - and said to make sure to put the cards in gently until it 'clicks'.    

MY CARD HAD DISLODGED ITSELF - and I did not drop the phone or abuse it - or bang it accidentally - NOTHING!   It had worked it's way loose and the message that continually came up was "Mobil Network Not Available" with no hint that something was wrong with the hardware in my hand.

THANKS for whoever is taking the time reading these - but I'm offering this up in case someone else has the same experience.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you have the First Gen Razr Maxx the Sim Card Locks into it's slot just Like a SD card does it has a Spring Mechanism that will Lock it in but sometimes a Round toothpick cut flush may be needed as push tool to help Lock it in.. On the second Gen Razr and Maxx they're set up may be the same..

Added Info.. 

On the new Ultra's they use the Volume toggle as a Sim as Holder for the new Nano Sim this type of system I'm not in favor of 

0 Likes