Re: Just got a Razr Maxx and it's deleting email from my server
gerryhornick1

Thanks for your time and help.

Unfortunately, I have to keep the e-mails on my server for future uses.  I also have to reply and attach information/documents/etc. which are stored on my PC.  It's a conundrum that I didn't have to face with all my BBs.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Maybe you could keep them on your computer.

0 Likes
gerryhornick1

I probably don't understand your suggestion.  I can't keep them on my PC until I get back to my office.  In the meantime, the e-mails just keep piling up on the phone unless I delete them.  If I delete them on the phone, they're also deleted on my PC-at the same time.  That's the problem!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is quite a good amount of space on the DROID Razr that you are not in danger of running out of space by keeping the emails on the phone until you file them away on the computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gerryhornick1

Thanks for your response.  I guess I'll have to live with this problem and I'm probably spoiled from using the BB for so many years.  It just seems to me to be a simple fix that should have been included at the outset.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

gerryhornick1 wrote:

Thanks for your response.  I guess I'll have to live with this problem and I'm probably spoiled from using the BB for so many years.  It just seems to me to be a simple fix that should have been included at the outset.

i just can't believe there's not a simple fix. i'm starting to wonder if something isn't wrong with your device. it doesn't make sense that your setup steps should be any different than that link i posted. i don't get why it would just skip step 4.

also, i still think trying k9 or another email app may be worth a shot. i am almost positive that "touchdown" offers the setting to leave delted emails on the server. this may be a silly question, but are you setting it up as a POP account when you set it up?

0 Likes
gerryhornick1

I'll try the K9 software and report back in a few days.

0 Likes