Just got a Razr Maxx and it's deleting email from my server
gamerchic
Enthusiast - Level 1

HI,

I just realized today that all of my emails got deleted from the server because I deleted them on my phone. I don't see any place to change this setting.

Does anyone know how to change the server setting? On my HTC it was as easy as unchecking a box but I don't see it anywhere.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Just got a Razr Maxx and it's deleting email from my server
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might depend on how the account was setup on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gamerchic
Enthusiast - Level 1

It was setup in the store so I'm not sure what was done.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gmail or another account?

If it is another account, try removing the account from the phone.  If it is Gmail, that is the way it is setup and can't be changed.  You can move email to a label and out of your inbox if you want to keep the emails.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gamerchic
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's my msn account and hotmail too I believe

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

open your mail app and select menu then settings. somewhere in your settings (on the tbolt it is in the "send and recieve" settings) there is an option to "delete mail on server." uncheck that box and you'll be set.

0 Likes
gamerchic
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my Razr Maxx when you open the email and select "email settings" the following options come up:

Notifications

Email Delivery

Read Options

Clear search history

List view options

Compose options

Display suggestions

Default mail account

Out of office

Manage address history

and Smart Forwarding

You would think the option to deleting mail would be under "Email delivery" but all that's under that is:

Data push

Fetch schedule

folder sync

and then some wi-fi settings

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It almost looks that those are exchange settings.  My Hotmail account automatically set itself as an exchange account when I loaded it into my Nexus.  I know I don't have the same options with the Nexus in terms of keeping thing on the server like my Tbolt does.  The Tbolt has the Hotmail account set up as a POP account which has the option for keep emails on the server.  I don't have the Tbolt with me at the moment to get the account server setup to write it out here.

Edit:  With the exchange settings, when I delete something on the phone it is deleted on the server.  Now if I don't want to see an email, I will move it to another folder.

Message was edited by: Ann154

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

here is a link to the setup for a pop email account:

http://www.midcocomm.com/resourcecenter/index.cfm/645/1/1

you'll need all of your server setting (incoming and outgoing port, etc). however, you'll notice at the very end the is a box to leave unchecked that says "remove manually deleted emails from the server." i would try to go back into your account setup and make sure it's a pop mail server and then get to the end and uncheck that box.

0 Likes
gamerchic
Enthusiast - Level 1

You were right, I had to manually set it up and then there was the option about deleting mail from the server.

Thank you so much because I would not have found that on my own! Smiley Happy

0 Likes