Jelly Bean Update Trouble
pumpkinshellz
Enthusiast - Level 1

While I like jelly beans, except the yellow ones *shudders*, my Droid Razr apparently does not - or at least the latest update. My once sweet and kind phone has begun acting like Linda Blair's head taking in the full panoramic view of her room, while her body remains stationary on the bed. I would call in a priest, but I never made it past 2nd grade CCD and the nuns didn't like me because I never did the workbook homework. I would use holy water, but that whole warranty and water thing would pose a problem. Anyway, it is doing horrible and bizarre things like getting stuck in call loops where it just calls and hangs up, calls and hangs up, and won't respond to me,  calls different contacts than one displayed on the screen (like the previous one), the camera freezes up or the camera options do not respond, it goes into airplane mode, shuts off, freezes, etc... To be honest, I am afraid to be alone with the phone. Can someone give me some ideas before it starts to levitate?  Phone was perfectly fine until that mischievous update. 😕

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Jelly Bean Update Trouble
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a system cache clear?  If that doesn't help, you may want to back everything up and do a factory reset.

0 Likes
michaelcj5

I've had the same issues. Wiping cache and factory reset have done nothing to solve the problem.  Verizon offered to give me a refurbished one.*sigh   It's a wide spread problem, and nobody seems to know what's going on.

0 Likes
pumpkinshellz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, schooled myself on the system cache clear and just did it.I was having a hard time getting the menu to pull up after getting the open droid with the ! in the red triangle, but found if I held the up/down volume for a little while and then released them, the menu popped up upon release (some people are posting having trouble with getting the menu thinking it was Jelly Bean - I had to just play with it a while to get it to work). So we shall see if that alone exorcises the demons. 

Do you recommend an app that clears all app caches at once and keeps my activities from making my phone opt for suicide? Do you think my apps were causing the problems or that some phones are just not taking the update well? I never had any trouble before the update and now my battery appears to be draining at a faster rate. As my kids say, "dear god, mom is trying to work a smart phone" so it would be great if you could dumb it down for me. I just learned what root meant.... Thank you for taking the time to help me out!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are cache cleaners in Google Play, but I haven't used any of them.

If your phone still seems possessed, yes -- it could be an app that isn't playing well with Jelly Bean.  Hopefully the system cache clear took care of things and all will be well.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Good Point There Tik it's Good to Clean the Cobs out of Phones Once in a While..

0 Likes
michaelcj5

Wiping cache and FR would erase all data on internal storage, right? Because mine wasn't doing that. I erased internal storage through settings and then did a FR. Other than gmail not working last night, I've finally gone a day without issues. Maybe I won't need that refurb?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A system cache clear shouldn't erase any of your data;  a factory reset will erase your data.

I hope your phone continues to do well and hope you now have your gmail working correctly.

0 Likes
michaelcj5

Yeah, okay. Fr wasn't doing that for some reason, (I was doing it through the recovery menu) so I erased internal storage through options, then did a FR, and now it's finally working as it should. For now. Maybe that will help other people who are having the same issue.

0 Likes