Issues with Apps when not using Wi-Fi
Snunners

I just recently got the Droid RAZR and I've been having trouble using some of the apps (GPS Navigation, Pandora, Play Store, Browser, etc.) when I am not using Wi-Fi. Yesterday I tried to go for a run in while the phone stated I had a full 5 bars of 4G service, my connection to the server continued to timeout. This re-occurred when I tried to search for directions to an address. I have verified that GPS is enabled... I was easily able to do run these apps without Wi-Fi on my old Droid 1...

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with Apps when not using Wi-Fi
Wildman
Legend

Try rebooting the device or cycling the Airplane mode to see if this helps because sometimes the network connection goes dormant and this resolves the issue usually.

0 Likes
Snunners

No luck on that... tried rebooting and cycling Airplane mode and I'm still timing out on everything...

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your contribution, Wildman.

Hello Snunners,

I know how frustrating it is experiencing difficulties with applications you use on a daily basis. I ask that you clear the cache on these applications by going to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All> Select the application and Clear Cache. Please make sure you have the latest software update installed on your device. Let us know if you continue to experience difficulties.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Another thing you may check the Settings / Wireless and Network / Check Mobile Network if not checked...

0 Likes