Issue Receiving Long Text messages
millsam89

I have the droid razr with the new ICS update. Been having issues for about a month now with when anyone tries to send me a message longer than one message it refuses to send to my phone. I don't have any issues sending out multiple messages but no one can send to me. Anyone else having this issue? Or know how to fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Issue Receiving Long Text messages
dash66

I've been having the same issue on my phone as well, but I don't have the ICS update.

0 Likes
millsam89

I had the issue before the update as well. Very frustrating

0 Likes
jaime13

I am having text message issues as well....Any type of text....And no ICS! Jaime in Tampa Bay

0 Likes
jaime13

Sending, not receiving

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello millsam89,
I understand text is an important form of communication and I would love to help!  Are you receiving an error message when this is taking place?  Is this intermittent or consistent?  Try deleting your text threads and clearing the cache and data on the text message application.  You can do so by navigating to Settings>Applications>All>Text Message>Clear cache/data.  Please test incoming messages and advise if you are successful.  Thank you.

TominqueB_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
millsam89

After a couple hours with tech support and going through every possible

step we could think of to no avail. I tried taking the numbers I had

blocked on my Verizon wireless online account. Started working again

instantly! Not sure why this affected numbers that weren't on the list, but

I'm back up and running!

On Jul 4, 2012 4:30 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
chpos60

I have a Revolution and have always had a problem with receiving large texts from other people.  Everyone else seems to be able to receive my texts over 160 char. (in multiple texts) but I seem to only get the first part of messages from certain people (like my girlfriend who has at&t and an iphone 3).  I don't use any messaging apps or anything like that and my home zip is 34231 and 32612 at school.  I would greatly appreciate any advice or help because I'd like to be able to read everything my girlfriend send me!

0 Likes
gnwest
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe this is a CDMA issue and how it handles text messages with more than 160 characters.  Do a Google search for "cdma text message length."

0 Likes
chpos60

Do you know of anyway around it or way to change it to where I'd be able to receive them?

0 Likes