Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,269 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Is there a way to retrieve files off the Turbo with a broken screen?
Smidow

I've long since replaced my Turbo with a new phone, but I would like to get the files off my old phone (if just to put on my PC). Well, unfortunately my screen is completely dark, and it has a lock screen (a pattern), and only certain spots of my screen are responsive to touch so I can't unlock it. I know it's on because the lights behind the bottom three buttons light up. I can plug it into a USB port but I'm guessing I would need to unlock my phone and access the setting in the drop down menu to have it appear as a USB device?

I've tried searching around, but most people seem to still have a working screen. When I replaced my phone Verizon told me they couldn't get anything off it, but that I could use a USB cable at home. I imagine there must be SOME way to access my phone as a storage device just through action on the PC end (if it's plugged in via USB cable). Any suggestions? Or is this a lost cause? Smiley Sad Even if my screen was just all black, I could work with that. But it's black AND not entirely responsive.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to retrieve files off the Turbo with a broken screen?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern regarding this. Can you attempt connecting your device to the computer to see if this works?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Suprchad

I can connect my phone yes, but I can not change it to a usb device on the phone in order to allow the computer to see anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure we do our best to retrieve what we can off your phone, Suprchad. I am here to help! Is your screen also cracked or damaged? Is it touch responsive? 

Is there a security lock on the phone (pattern or pin)? When you plug it into the computer, does the computer recognize that it is plugged in? Please provide more details, so that we can better assist.

MarshallP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Suprchad

Yes the screen 8s broke and unresponsive. No there is no lock pin or

pattern. Yes the computer does recognize when the phone is plugged in.

On Fri, May 4, 2018, 10:46 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Smidow

Connecting it to the computer does NOT work. While it may recognize it, without authorizing it to be read as a storage device I cannot access anything. If I remember correctly, that was something that had to be done on the phone (after plugging it into the computer).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Superchad.

You can find the steps for transferring informatyion between most devices here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-contacts-and-media/ .

0 Likes
Smidow

Any solution for my concern? Because that link doesn't help me at all considering it requires ON-SCREEN interaction. Is there a way to force it to be recognized as a storage device without doing anything on the phone itself? That's the only thing I can think of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smidow, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I want to help further. Please tell me, does your device have liquid or physical damage? Do you have a Turbo 2? What are you needing to recover from your device?

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you really need to recover data from your phone with a broken screen, you might need to replace the screen to do that. Take a look at or contact uBreakiFix - Electronics Repair - Free Diagnostics!

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes