Is Jellybean optional
painful2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is the jellybean update optional?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is Jellybean optional
Not applicable

The update normally will ask if you want to run the update. however I have read here that in some situations the update will install by its self.

My own experience has been a notification asking if I wanted to update. And one of my phones is a Motorola Razr

0 Likes
painful2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I hope I get to make a choice as I can't afford things to go wrong. Battery already doesn't last and anything else would be a nightmare for me. I'm not good at all with tech stuff even as simple as soft reboots or safe mode.

0 Likes
androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

If you go into settings/ manage apps/ and find the download manager app and disable it you should not recieve the notification anymore...It worked on mine...matt

0 Likes
painful2
Enthusiast - Level 3

well I did that and now the download manager app is gone from manage apps - this is the worst phone I have ever had - thanks for the reply

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When viewing Manage Apps, All ... scroll to the very bottom of the list for your disabled apps (that way you can re-enable them if you need to).

0 Likes
androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

This is NOT the worst phone by far!!! Go try a Droid Eris or an LG Vortex and you wll beg for your Razr back...I have had mine for a year and can get a full days use (unless i use the crap out of it)

0 Likes
painful2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use to get good battery life a long time ago - now 2 hours of use and its time to charge or goes dead immediately. I live in a major metroplex area and have a hard time getting or keeping connections never happened with the original. Nothing against you thanks for your input.

0 Likes
painful2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your battery life issue could be related to the phone looking for a signal.  You might try turning off cellular data (if not needed, of course) when you see it struggling to find a signal ... that might improve your battery life.

0 Likes